Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help on scenario design

former_member440449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

There is a FILE to IDoc scenario where I need to do this:

per each line inside the file, I need to create an IDOC, but if a field of the file = "value A" then I need to archive that in a file.

So the scenario design should be FILE --> IDOC or FILE (regarding that condition).

Do you know how should I design the scenario here?

Thanks in advanced!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may specify conditions on the receiver determination to define the target system depending on the value of the field.

On the interface determination, create 2 interface determination objects based on the 2 target systems. For the interface determination for the archiving of file, leave the Operation mapping empty since you will only archive the source file.

Then create receiver communication channel on the target system for iDoc, and another file receiver comm channel on the target system for file archiving.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jenny

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you're running PI 7.1, you may design your interface in the ESR and define both, target interfaces one for File and another for IDoc (the interface for the IDoc is the IDoc itself) and the corresponding Operation Mapping for each of them.

Then, in the config. time (Int.Directory), you can define the rule when creating the Interface Determination, under "Receiver Interfaces" section.

In the condition field you can validate the file field which identifies the process, like that:

if source_file-field = "value A" then OpMapping = OpMapping defined during design time for file creation.

if source_file-field = "value X" then OpMapping = IDoc creation.

Hope it helps.

Edited by: rvsilvax on Sep 19, 2011 8:48 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to create either IDOC or File on the target side based on the specific value of a field for evey line of the file.

Use Enhanced interface determination to achieve this.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it that you will have to create IDocs and a file or is it that either IDocs or file will be created?

if you need to create both IDocs and File, then go for a multi mapping. Else if it is either IDoc or File then use conditional routing based on the value of the field and then separate interface mapping for creating either IDoc or the File