cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating data through RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are using FI_DOCU_CHANGE rfc to upload one specific field that is UTR_NO feild.

we have given import parameters, as per the requirement, and when we give the necessary data and process at PI we can see that message is successful sent to the R/3 but when we open the document we are not able to see the field being updated.

RFC is remote enabled and is active.

can anyone please give us someinputs as what needs to be done.

Thanks and regards

vinila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An RFC will not update called from PI unless it has a code line "COMMIT WORK" inside.

Standard RFCs do not have this commit, so you have to write a wrapper RFC which calls the stndard RFC and commits.

If possible create an ABAP proxy for this purpose.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you check the payload in PI and confirm if that particular field is filled with the required data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shabarish,

the data is given in the particular field but its not getting updated,

when i execute the RFC in se38 and give data manually and execute the RFC, the required data is updated but when we send it through PI the data is not updated.

Regards

vinila

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check;

1. After mapping is the required field in the RFC request structure being filled in PI?

2. If it is being filled, stop and start the RFC adapter once from RWB

3. Also the last option might be to try out a cache refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u very much for ur inputs shabarish,

i shall check this points with my PI consultant and get back to you...

I belong to the FI team and not aware of the things which needs to be done at PI end.

thanks ocne again for your inputs.

shall keep the link posted.

Thanks and regards

vinila

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sir

We have tried all the three options but not able to update the filed, we have also tried to execute RFC is standalone mode if it works as expected then make sure that you are able to see the proper payload in SAP PI monitoring transaction SXI_MONITOR.

and also tired to Reimport the RFC in ESR of SAP PI again and refresh the Cache,

can you please lets us know if anything else can be done...

Thanking you

vinila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try debugging the RFC from PI to check for any issues.

Refer this link for How to debug the RFC from PI.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/17/xi-debugging-rfc-calls-from-the-xi-not-possible-who-said-that-

Regards