cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publication mode - Publish - Not working

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm working in publication mode in the Data Manager and attempt to publish a publication into DTP Indesign CS2 but no Indesign document gets created. In the Publish dialog box I'm choosing Adobe InDesign as the format, Layout Server is pointed to machine where Layout server is running, Paper Module is pointed to my local machine, Entire publication is selected, all other options are set to default.

I have InDesign CS2 open on my machine. When select "OK", it pops up a box saying "Connecting to Layout Server" then this box goes away and nothing else happens.

I have the InDesign CS2 paper module plugin installed.

Any ideas on what is happening here?

Thanks,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Layout Server is a service that runs for interfacing with the DTP components.

You mentioned that the plug-ins are installed. Can you also check whether the Layout server service is running correctly.

Yoy can also check the repository for any logs files that got created in case of an error in the Admin Console.

Warm regards,

Venki

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

The Layout server service is running and appears to be functioning properly. I do see a lot of entries in the MDM server logs that I don't know how to interpret. They are...

Assertion failed. 0 == rcode

File name: ../../../src/A2iCore/Base/Unix/OSConditionalVariable.cpp

Line number: 203

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Monitoring the server assertion logs it appears that the message that is getting generated when I attempt to publish is the following:

Assertion failed. false

File name: .\OLEDB_DBConnection.cpp

Line number: 1610

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Update~~

I was able to get this working by uninstalling the LayoutServer component and reinstalling it. Once this was done then publishing to CS2 started working just fine.