Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in JMS Sender Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some queries and an issue also..

First Query : is the JMS sender channel is polling the message from JMS Queue or when ever the channel is connected to the JMS queue then the messages are pushed from JMS ? Simply I want to understand the then message is Puss or Pull. (my understanding is messages are pulled when ever the channel opens the session with JMS provider)

Second Query : is there any provision that the sender channel will have the log When the JMS Queue is empty ??

Issue : we are using WebSphereMQ JMS Provider, with QoS is EO . MQ claims that the messages are missing when the message were sent to PI.

is there any way to trace the issue ? any clue ?

-Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Dhanabal,

we also experience the same issue in our XI Prod system where the message got 'missing' from MQ to XI. The MQ log has timestamp when those messages leave MQ but XI only receives some and 1 message goes missing. It happens intermittently.

Currently we are escalating the issue with SAP Global support.

Have you got any resolution?

Really appreciate if you want to share this as we desperate to get the bottom of this obscure issue.

Thank you

Basis DSL

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing the same problem in production.. How did you get it solved ?

Thanks for your help.

ARP Team.

0 Kudos

Has anyone who faced this issue and got it resolved. We see messages missing between MQ queue and PI JMS sender channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use jms hermes tool to monitor JMS queues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

you have the link for this Software to download.. please provide me

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link which I was having, been moved... You can check this one:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesjms/files/

Regards

Raj

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanabal,

It is not because of JMS Channel setting , the reason for this problem is JMS queue at the source side has limitation.

The moment QUEUE get fulled , it wont accept new messages in MQ.

You need to check with the client / MQ team if there is any limitation of number of messages at their side , if yes then they have to increase the limit.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Pushkar

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> First Query : is the JMS sender channel is polling the message from JMS Queue or when ever the channel is connected to the JMS queue then the messages are pushed from JMS ?

The messages are not polled. They are sent to PI imediately when they arrive the queue.

How this works technically, you can see in the JMS specification.

> Second Query : is there any provision that the sender channel will have the log When the JMS Queue is empty ??

No, why do want this? The queue will be empty the almost anytime.

> Issue : we are using WebSphereMQ JMS Provider, with QoS is EO . MQ claims that the messages are missing when the message were sent to PI.

I don't get this. Of course the messages are no more in the queue, when they are sent to PI. Isn't this not what you expect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Stefan,

Now, ll get in to the issue : As you told the messages will be deleted after sending to PI from JMS Queue.

My JMS folks claiming that the messages are sent to PI but I couldn't find the messages in PI.

So I just want to see is there any option that can be done in JMS end or PI.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in adapter channel monitor, if the JMS adapter works and receives messages.

If not: Are you sure, that PI picks the messages and not another JMS client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have checked in PI, there is only one JMS channel is connected with that JMS Queue. this message messing is not happening all the time, it is happening one in a while.

Thanks for Ur reply.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean: Onther JMS client outside PI.

So you say, only some message are missing, but the most message run correctly?

Are you sure, that the messages were sent to the queue correctly?

Do you have a log for the MS queue?

I think there should be mentioned, which KMS client has received the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help on this.. but please excuse me for asking more layman query..

There no other JMS Client is connected with that Queue. and I am sure the messages are

So you say, only some message are missing, but the most message run correctly? Yes Most of the messages run correctly

Are you sure, that the messages were sent to the queue correctly? Since only the PI channel is connected the message should be forwarded to PI correctly.

Do you have a log for the MS queue? I think there should be mentioned, which KMS client has received the message. --> I don't have the log of MQ side.. But I can request them..

can you please provide the info "what I can ask them the MQ Team?" if I ask them about the "the JMS client details of the message" will it give the information of where that message has been sent.

Thanks for your help

Edited by: Dhanabal Thangavel on Sep 20, 2011 1:21 PM