cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in mapping the same source and target fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on PI 7.0 and currently I am connecting to PI 7.0 via citrix desktop . Problem here is : in the mapping , direct mapping option that is available to map the same source and target fields is disabled . I do know that this is due to some java version issue .

What I want to know is there any possibilty of solving this issue without installing an updated java version ?

Regards

Vinay P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think is not possible

Fabio

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you cross check, user have these roles:

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE,

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE,

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE,

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still think that is not possible, I have checked authorization and I have them.

Please check this link:

if there's a solution that I don't know, it's helpful also for me.

Fabio

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've faced the same for many times and all of that were due to Java version.

1st of all, you have to check the authorizations you have. If you have enough (DEVELOPER_J2EE, CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE, and so), and - obvious but very often forgotten - you have to assure you're trying to change it in the message mapping change mode On.

Then, last shot should be downgrade your Java version.

The 1.4.2 JRE version allow you to use not only the Mapp the Identical field but also Dependencies, Clear Mapping and some other tools/buttons. As mentioned above, if there's a fix in the new Java releases, I do not know (hope so) and would appreciate if you could let us know.

Tks.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I do know that this is due to some java version issue .What I want to know is there any possibilty of solving this issue without installing an updated java version ?

Mapping tool access is not pertained to java version issues. Check your role or any locking related issues and also see whether you click edit button in the screen to do it.