cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a Web Dynpo appl from POWL gives error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a custom webdynpro application integrating with POWL using the document provided by Saurav Mago .Refer the link below

But I get the following error 'Parameter APPLID contains an invalid value.

'[Integrating POWL with WebDynpro ABAP|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f1d5ee-84ab-2c10-ce97-97dfd89bc238?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

I have searched SDN , debugged my application and checked the configuration and compared with the standard powl components, as well. But I am not able find out what the issue is.

I have tested the standard webdynpro apps and my app as well , services are active , the break point also stops in the window/view. But not sure what I am missing.

Can you please let me know if you got any idea regarding this. Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Saujanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The error indicates that the POWL Application ID is invalid. This would generally only occur if you specified an Application ID in the URL parameters which doesn't exist in your POWL configuration. How are you building the URL to test? Are you sure you Application ID is correct? Can you share the full URL you are testing with here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response. Please find

How are you building the URL to test?

I am using the custom webdynpro application to test it . When I test it using the standard POWL, it works. But if I test from my custom webdynpro application , it gives the dump with this error message.

Are you sure you Application ID is correct?

If it works with the standard, I think the config is right

I have created POWL appli, type , , powl query , mapped the query to the powl applid, activated it, mapped query to the powl type.

Declared the powl_ui_component in the component usage , view container in the view and an out bound plug to the view with parameters and code as mentioned below :

code :

wd_this->fire_out_plg(
    applid =  'ZTEST_APPLID'                         " string
    forallq =   ''                                   " powl_xflag_ty
    qname =  'ZPOWL_QUERY'                      " powl_query_ty
    qselpara =  ''                        " string
    refresha =  'X'                       " powl_xflag_ty
    refreshq =  ''                        " powl_xflag_ty
    srvgroup =  ''                       " powl_xflag_ty
    powldeltarendering = 'X'
  ).

Can you share the full URL you are testing with here?

http://cis0440.g2t1.XXXgen.com:8040/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ztest_applid

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks

Saujanya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Can you share the full URL you are testing with here?

>http://cis0440.g2t1.XXXgen.com:8040/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ztest_applid

That's the URL of your test application, right? What's the URL when you test the POWL directly? Is ZTEST_APPLID the name of your WDA Application and the name of the APPLID for your POWL? That's the same value you are passing into yoru FIRE_OUT_PLG. The error would seem to indicate that this isn't a valid POWL APPLID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes the url which I mentioned above is the custom webdynpro application.

When I test it with the standard POWL component, the url is

http://cis0440.g2t1.XXXgen.com:8040/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/powl?APPLID=ZTEST_APPLID&sap-language=EN

and this works.

ZTEST_APPLID is the name of my powl application APPLID and also the name of the custom web application . I tried with a different name for custom web application, but it still didnt work.

Thanks

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

It would be helpful if you can point me what I am missing or doing the wrong in the Powl integration.

Thanks

Saujanya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I recreated the example on my system, but I couldn't recreate your error. It works fine in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I have recreated the web application and configuration to check and this time it works.

Not sure what the error is, but it works now.

Thanks alot for your time.

Best Regards

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate if any ideas in this regard

thanks

saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any thoughts on this would really helpful.

thanks

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any clue, why am i getting this error ?

Any ideas in this regard would be helpful.

Thanks

saujanya