Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set left scrollbar on ALV component

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

Due to PAGINATOR is dead on 7.01 or higher version I need to vertical scrollbar on the left of my ALV component.

The reason is because I have an ALV with a lot of columns and user doesn't want to make horizontal scroll to the right to acces the vertical scrollbar repeadtly.

Is there ay chance to do that?

Thank you all!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanbelal,

Sorry the view container UI element is not having the width option. Create a transparent container UI element and place your view container inside it and give a fixed width to the transparent container. So even if the ALV has many number of columns, it will be displayed inside the specifed width with horizantal and vertical scroll bars. I think this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuram K.R.

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

I've tried to put a fixed width to Transparent Container(Flowlayout) but nothing happens, ALV is still showing all columns.

Any other idea?

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanbelal,

You will be placing your ALV table in a ViewcontainerUI element. Try giving a particular width to the container. So the vertical scroll bars will be appearing at the desired width. No need to scroll till the end.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuram K.R.

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

I don't find any width property on Viewcontainer UI element to set it. What do you mean exactly? any snippet of source code to clarify?

regardas