cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Installation as distributed system with Central Instance in cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are installing an ECC 6.0 system as a distributed system. We have DB on one host which is not in cluster (so if DB goes down then no failover will happen). DB host also has the /usr/sap/trans and /sapmnt/<SID> which is mounted to CI host. In addition DB host also has a BI system running on it as a central system. We have CI on another host which is in cluster having failover capacity. My doubt is that in this situation, do we require the ABAP SCS instance to be installed on the DB host although only CI is in cluster?

Also, we have already proceeded with the DB and CI instance installation and CI installation is currently in progress. Do we need to abort all this, uninstall CI and DB (for ECC 6.0) and then start all over again (I hope that if we need to uninstall, nothing will happen to the BI system already running)?

Best Regards,

Vikash Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CI is no more point of failure. If you are installing system on HA then ASCS instance will be SPOF. You have to install ASCS instance in cluster and CI will be local install.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny,

I went through the link "http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ha?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b09d53ac-8b0f-2b10-6798-ecfd55894839". [original link is broken] Its written there, "If the ASCS is integrated within the ABAP Central Instance (standard in NetWeaver 04) the Central Instance of the ABAP system needs a HA setup also". This way, ours ASCS is integrated in CI as there are no separate message server and enqueue server and CI is in cluster. So should we proceed as it is right now?

Best Regards,

Vikash Chandra

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are checking document for Netweaver 2004, it was the process till netweaver 2004 but starting from netweaver 2004s which is netweaver 700 on which ECC 6.0 is based upon CI is not more SPOF. ASCS instance is SPOF and CI will be locally installed.

Thanks

Sunny