cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Gantt charts using Business Graphics that can be downloaded

0 Kudos

The short version is I need the format for XML data to create a Gantt chart in a Business Graphics UI Element in order to be able to automatically email it. The long version is...

I currently have a Web Dynpro ABAP component that displays a Gantt chart using a Business Graphics UI Element based off data in various other UI elements in the view.

This works fine and the graph displays nicely, but I cannot find a way to download that straight from the Business Graphics UI Element. Having read around the forum there appears to be two options:

- Code it up myself by calling methods on the IGS API directly

- Bind the image data attribute on the element and get the data that way

Unfortunatly, we are not currently running a recent enough version (702/720) to be able to do the latter and so, unless there is another way, I need to code up the API calls myself.

So far I have got a business graphic in to an Adobe PDF form, loaded in my config data so it appears as a Gantt chart but I cannot figure out the format for the actual data that needs to be sent through in XML. Does anyone have example XML data or code to generate it that can be sent in to the call:

l_igs_ce->set_data( EXPORTING data_doc = p_ixml_doc ).

I have used the example in GRAPHICS_IGS_CE_TEST and the page http://liualex.com/archives/185 to generate the image and load the config data in but this only explains the XML format of the chart data for bar graphs.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Found my answer,

This download: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/e0a9ba90-0201-0010-d3a2-9cb376b5e181

This is the SAP Chart Designer, it contains a PDF which explains the XML format used, you can use it to manually create your own XML streams.

0 Kudos

No suggestions on how to do this? No one with an XML example of a Gantt chart for Business Graphics?