cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SAP Sourcing 7.0 Home Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are installing SAP Sourcing 7.0 on Windows 2003 x64. As a pre-requisite we installed NW CE 7.1 EHP1 on Oracle 11g.

We have successfully Installed the SAP Sourcing 7.0 by executing the setup.exe and files got created.

Configuration wizard also come up automatically.

Now here, at the very initial screen when i click on Next I am getting the below error,

"

Invalid SAP Sourcing 7.0 Home Directory

The configure utility is not located in a valid SAP sourcing 7.0 home directory.

Make sure that your configure executable is in the SAP Sorurcing 7.0 <home directory>/bin folder.

"

We have provided installation directory inside usr\sap\SID.

Kindly help us in resolving the issue. Do we need to set any environment variable or parameter.

Regards,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you would want to keep this directory within the NW root directory. May be there are some write access restricted to these folders are restricted or the user doesn't have privileges?

This can be kept out of NW/ Generally the installer directory is kept outside NetWeaver and the configure.exe is executed to generate the sda/ear file and later deployed in NW. This is just my understanding..

Thanks, Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Do you still have this problem..?

We even had the similar problem and we resolved it by adding the system variable as below...

FCI_HOME = f:\esourcing7\bin

JAVA_HOME = F:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_5.1.070\sapjvm_5\jre

and also add the JAVA home path to the PATH system variable.

After this logoff and reinisiate the instal.

Cheerz,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. But i have installed Windows 2003 R2 with Oracle 10g with latest patch. I have Installed CE7.1 EHP1 successfully and finish installing the Sourcing. While opening the Confiugration Wizard i am getting the same error :invalid sap sourcing 7.0 home directory". I have already set FCI_HOME and JAVA_HOME. Please any one help me to proceed with the installation.

Thanks

Regards

Prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

SAP Sourcing home directory means the directory which we have created for Installing SAP Sourcing Application.

Where we are extracting setup.bin.

In UNIX this is a Permission issue. Like we have Sourcing directory with user root and have to change its owner to sidadm.

Please check similar thing in case of Windows.

Hope it will help you fix this issue,

Regards,

Amit