Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table extension not being saved

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented Table extension at item level for SC and from the config perspective all looks fine.

1) Created Append struture with required fields

First step: appending the field to the correct structure in SE11 or via transaction SPRO.

Structure names for table extensions are according to the pattern:

INCL_EEW_PD_<x>_CST_<y> with

<x>: HEADER, ITEM

2)

Path in IMG (transaction SPRO):

SAP SRM -> SRM server ->

-> Cross-Application Basic Settings

-> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization)

-> Create Table Extensions and Supply with Data

-> Define Customer Table Extensions on Item Level

Second step: you additionally need to append the new table extension field to the

corresponding INCL_EEW_PD_<x>_CST structure called u2018cross-documentu2019 structure. This can

also be done in IMG

You can explicitly enter the very same field(s) (name and type) into both append structures.

It is recommended, however, to first create another structure with the new field (in SE11) and

then include that other structure in both append structures

(menu path in SE11 screen: -> Edit -> Include -> Insert).

Default append structure names in this example are

ZAINCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CST_SC and

ZAINCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CST

when using the IMG path..

3)

Third step: Set visibility of the table extension.Create an entry with TICUS for item data (THCUS for header data).

Donu2019t miss to populate the Transaction Type field - you could save the table entry without it,

but it will not work!

4)

Fourth step: Configure Control of Fields of Table Extensions. Create an entry with TICUS for item data (THCUS for header data).Donu2019t miss to populate the Set Level field - you could save the table entry without it, but it will not work!

Fifth step: Configure Control of Actions

Sixth (final) step: SM30 - maintain view /SAPSRM/V_MDFSBC_DEFAULT

I have rechecked the config several times but could not find any reason for the data not to be saved.

When I add the data to the table structure and if click enter or check button the data disappears. The entries are not captured in BBP_PDICF table either. i can see the Z structure in se11 for BBP_PDICF.

I have checked doc_change badi for any issues but could not find the issue. Any idea as where I should check for the data not being saved issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I execute the FM BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL under which structure will the newly added table extension be visible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it should be visible on table parameter E_ICF for item and E_HCF for header table extensions.

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay, I can see the Z fields in the E_ICF structure for all shopping carts so the structure definition is fine.

Is there any code I need to write to enable the data to be saved when the SC is ordered?

Hi Neelima, I have already maintained them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When your breakpoint at BADI implementation for BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI is reached, do you see input table IT_ICF filled with value you entered on UI?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas Kalluri

Can you please post how you solved this? our Table Extensions are not being saved either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Please do this step:

In SM30-maintain view /SAPSRM/V_MDFSBC_DEFAULT

Object set type :TICUS

Structure field name : custom field

Object type : BUS2121

set level : item

Field visible : X

field enable : X

Regards,