cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer BENEFIT3 IDoc to XI System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a small requirement to send BENEFIT3 IDoc in SAP 4.7 to SAP XI...

I was familiar in SAP – SAP IDoc Transfer; so I tried similar configuration in both system, but I couldn’t succeed…Please help to complete necessary configuration and step to test.

1. Defined Logical System

2. Assigned Logical System to Client

3. Setup RFC connection in both systems – I have no idea the Type RFC to establish both 4.7- Xi systems (i.e.) Can I use R/3 or TCP/IP connection

4. Hope to create a transactional port

5 Setting Partner profile – Configured BENEFIT3 IDoc with BENREP Message type in Benefit Provider….But in SAP XI, am not finding BENEFIT3 IDoc to configure BENREP message type…I don’t know, how to import BENEFIT3 IDoc in XI

6 Distribute Model View

These are the step, I have a plan to configure in both system…Please help whether am missing any step.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

look in the how-to guide:

https://service.sap.com/netweaver

SAP NetWeaver > SAP NetWeaver 2004 – Release Specific Information > How-to-Guides > Exchange Infrastructure

I guess there is a IDOc HowTo!

Regards Mario

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To send Idoc from SAP R/3 to XI , do these -

In R/3

1) SM59- RFC destination of type R/3

2) WE21- Port creattion

2) Partner Profiles - WE20 ( Outbound Parameters with relevent information)

Also refer this thread-

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy

Thanks for your reply...Still I have some question reg. port & partner profile...

In R/3

1. What type of RFC and port has to configure to connect to XI?

Based on your reply, I came to understand that NO need to maintain Partner profile in XI system.. Pls Correct me if am wrong...

Our scenario is to Convert R3 Idoc into Flat file in Xi...Am not finding BENEFIT3 IDoc Type in XI...

How to import BENEFIT3 IDoc structure in XI? I can understand IDX1 & 2 T.code to import metadata…But I don’t know how to import the structure?? Pls let me know the steps to bring Idoc Segment Structure in XI

....Thanks

Babu.K

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you go thru the documents given by me i,e thread discussion ?

<i>How to import BENEFIT3 IDoc structure in XI? I can understand IDX1 & 2 T.code to import metadata…But I don’t know how to import the structure?? Pls let me know the steps to bring Idoc Segment Structure in XI</i>

>>>Go to Integration Repository ->your software component versions and then go to Imported Objects ->Idocs.

Here you can import by giving R/3 logon details.

No need of importing into IDX1 transaction in XI.

No need of IDX1 entry for this .

Regards,

moorthy