cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple Multi Value Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware that we cannot Execute Assignments on Qualifieds and Tuple tables.

But, what about Validations.

I know they are possible in Qualified tables, But I belive that they are not Posible by Multivalued Tuple fields!!

1) If i want to write a validation to compare two values within a Tuple it is not possible!!

because In validation editor- > Fields -> i can see Tuple.[recod] Only and Not Fields insite tuple..

2) Also cannot write validation if any member in Tuple link is Null !!

3) the only Use of this Validation ->fields-> tuple.[Record] is to check if there is No entry at all for a Record In Tuple Multivalued Field.

4) Fields inside Tuple Cannot be caliculated

Are My assumptions Correct, If not could Anyone Please Correct me...

KR

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If i want to write a validation to compare two values within a Tuple it is not possible!!

because In validation editor- > Fields -> i can see Tuple.recod Only and Not Fields insite tuple..

Yes, you can do it easily for single-valued Tuple. For multi-valued Tuple, you can make use of Validation Group which is an alternative to validate the Tuple-multi-valued.

Also cannot write validation if any member in Tuple link is Null !!

3) the only Use of this Validation ->fields-> tuple.Record is to check if there is No entry at all for a Record In Tuple Multivalued Field. Like , I said above you can use of Validation Group for this requirement to check field is NULL or Not. For this, you need to select the Tuple Multi-valued from drop down list of Validations Tab.

For more Understanding, Please refer my below blog:

/people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2010/09/15/another-way-to-use-validation-group

4) Fields inside Tuple Cannot be caliculated

Yes, Fields of a tuple cannot be calculated or assignment fields. You can verify for the same in MDM Console reference guide page 112/407 http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Kindly revert if you need any other input.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I am A bit confised Now.

when you say validations are Possible For Multi valued Tuples But in the Validation editor -> fields Button->? i can see Tuple with on .Record ONLY as an Option...

I have a Maintable Interger field Code 1

and a Multi valued tuple field.

Te tuple has two fields init.

Code99 and Value.

Code99 is a Integer field and Value is a Look up flat field.

Now, i need to write a validation such as

-> If Code1 = Code99 then Throw an Error

->If Code99 = Value then throw error..

how is it possible!!!

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You are not able to view it bcoz i think you are writing validation on your main table.

Go to Validations tab. There by default you will see the main table name which we are viewing.

There will be drop down from where you can select your Tuple & Then create new validation. Here you will be able to see respective fields of your tuple & you can write your validations

Thanks & Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mandeep,

I been to your blog and want to confirm the following validaiton can be performed using group your logic?

Main Table I have country look up UK/US/GE and has a multi valued tuple prices wiht tuple member Price..... I want to validate if Country is UK then price should not be NULL and it should be greater than 10.

Also if the country is US then price shoudl not be NULL and the price should be greater than 20.

I want to use this validaitons in workflow.. so is it possible to perform the above validaiton using the group validaiton logic as per your blog?

Are there any restrictions apart from assignments/caluclations on tuple table?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i got it!!! Thanks for that..

But this only allows me to Validate Within tuple fields but I cannot Validate aginest the Main table field.

Satisfies..

->If Code99 = Value then throw error..

But we cannot execute..

->If Code1 = Code99 then Throw an Error

Is this Right!!!

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes you wont be able to compare main table field & Tuple field.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that answered by question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The validations on tuples are very much possible. Click on the validations tab of the data manager, then you will find a drop down just above of validations list pane where you can select the tuple. Then, even in the validation expression , we can see the tuple member fields on which we want to apply the validation.

Fields inside the tuples cannot be calculated.

Regards,

Sravan