Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expried and Open Quotations.

former_member207763
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAPFriends,

I would like to ask a question.

Every quotation has a validity period and after that it is expired.

The status of the quotation is open or complete depending the customizing and usually if the qty has been referenced.

When the quotation has expired and has not been referenced (e.g. the customer never replied) shouldn't this quotation been considered as complete? Currently the status remains open.

Executing VA15 displays all the quotations as open, even the expired ones. Is this the normal flow of a quotation or am I missing a process at the end?

Should an expired quotation still have as status "Open"?

Thanks in advance for yr assistance.

Kind Regards,

Elly Leondi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elly Leondi,

Yes you are currect.the quotation is not at all refferenced for a sale order the status of the quotation is open,even after it is expired.

Even it is expired still you can use it as a reference to create a sale order.but system throughs a warning message,but you can proceed.before refering the quotation you just change the schedule lines as per the requested delivery dates in the quotation.so the schedule lines you changed in the quotation is copied in to order,and you can proceed subsequent delivery and billing.

BUT

.BUT better to not use already expired documents as reference in our SAP system.those expired open documents should be canceled.

I hope you understood.

Thanks&Regards

Ravikumar