cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting of obsolete "interface data" by archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We use PI as a platform for distributing incoming non-SAP data to other non-SAP systems.

During this process especially the table SWWCNTP0 grows extremely...

What I found out is that I have to archive and afterward delete "Workitems" to have the (for me) obsolete data removed from this and other tables.

This works so far so fine. But in the end I got the obsolete data just somewhere else, this time in the filesystem where the archive job wrote the date to. And I got a reference in the systems that point to the place where these archive files are stored.

Question now is: How do I get rid of that archive file "officially", meaning I do not want to just delete these files as then the references in SAP point to an empty directory. I want to remove that file in a way the systems "knows and accepts" that this archived obsolete data has gone for ever.

Does anybody know how to achieve this??

Many thanks and any ideas are appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

this is in fact a question about standard archiving, and so should be posted in a more appropriate forum.

I've had some experience with archiving, and as long as you don't want to reload archive files, I don't see any problem with just removing them from the file system. I don't think there's a setting in the archiving configuration where SAP will find this acceptable, neither will SAP complain about missing archive files as long as you don't want to reload the archived objects.

kr,

Peter Glas