cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset DDIC password

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to know whether I can reset the password for DDIC? Is there any impact?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go ahead, there is no impact in changing the password of the DDIC user.

Is one of the first tasks of the System Administrator to implement the security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If DDIC user is being used in any background job or in any RFCs then ddic password reset will cause an impact otherwise not.

Normally we should not use DDIC user as a step user in any job/RFCs and should create separate system/communication users for them.

Thanks

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

How I can check whether any RFC is using DDIC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manually I think, using sm59

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP RFC connections in SM59

You need to check connection type

3 ABAP Connection (Logon & Security TAB)

G HTTP Connection to External Serv (Logon & Security TAB)

H HTTP Connection to ABAP System (Logon & Security TAB)

L Logical Destination (Logon & Security TAB)

Check all available RFC connection and make sure User DDIC in not used in any connection type.

Let me know if you still have question.

Regards,

Yogesh

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it mean that I only need to check on client '000' for the server that I need to reset the DDIC password? This is because I got 2 servers, development and production. Both also have client '000' and DDIC users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client 000 is created by default on all SAP systems, as is the DDIC user.

Reseting password for any user affects only the client in which the password has been changed.

So, if you reset the password in 000 client of your dev system, it will have no affect on other clients or other systems (Produciton system in your case) in your landscape.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to double confirm, if I found no connection type that is using DDIC under login & security tab, this means I can reset the password right?

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

If there is job running in SM37 using DDIC, how should I go forward if I need to reset the password for DDIC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you don't know the current password of DDIC user then to reset it's password you need any other user ID to logon into 000.

If you don't have any other ID there in 000 then SAP* logon can be used. If you don't have the current password for SAP* then you can reset it using the following reference link -

Thanks

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you change DDIC password this will not effecrt any background job till user is not locked.

Yogesh