cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for WAS 6.40 J2ee

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

i'm looking for j2ee documentation (admin and operational manuel) in DOC or PDF format . i have them in HTML , but for printing it's better to have them in the mentioned formats.

does anybody know where to find it ?

many thank you for your help and kind regards

hannes

hannes.toefferl@leica-geosystems.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

some days ago that you post here something about the Admin-GuideWAS6.40 Can anybody send me a Link or acopy of the Admin Guide ?? Maybe Lyubomir Pashov can send me a copy of his 23MB in packed style.... (RAW or zip)??

thx

mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the SAP Library in the windows document format (*.chm). Using windows help I print entire subtrees of the documentation (right click on a node in the subject tree, choose print and then node plus all subordinate nodes). If you have a pdf printer driver (ghostscript, distiller), you can even produce pdf files.

One disadvantage is that the most current version of the documentation seems only available as HTML via help.sap.com. While not perfect, this solution is at least easy.

Cheers, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for this tip ,it works fine . the big disadvantage when printing like this is , that there is no directory at the beginning of the document . this is sometimes very costly to search for some content. but it's better then nothing.

the best thing is to get it from SAP . in earlier times (up to R/3 release 4.0) there was a cd with all the documentation in print formats available - does this still exist ?

regards hannes

0 Kudos

Hello Hanes, Jan,

I found a colleague who gave me the Administration manual for J2EE 6.40 SP6 in DOC format

However the file size is almost 23MB… There is why I have to compress it.

Archived size is almost 6MB. I will split the archive in several files (with size below 2MB)

Is it good for you to compress it with WinRAR 3.0?

Hanes, to your question – this help is been generated in DOC file format from an SAP tool (from my colleagues from the documentation’s team), so you cannot do it without this tool (or I don’t know another way).

Best regards,

Lyubomir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm searching for the j2ee 640 admin manual and found it nowhere...could you please send me the splitted rar (email michele.donna@arxis.it)?

Many thanks and best regard

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

documentation can be found at http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw04

Regards

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello bruno

thank you , but these are just the install guides - i know that and i have them all .

i'm looking for admin guides (daily operation , configuration , tuning , parameter settings, .....)

thank you hannes

0 Kudos

Hannes, I mean that if you specify what exactly you need I can find a colleague who will generate a DOC or PDF file from the documentation. Else the documentation can be found at http://help.sap.com -> Documentation -> SAP NetWeaver, but this is only in HTML format (and I think you already know about it)

Kind regards,

Lyubomir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lyubomir

many thanks for your help. first of all i would like to have the administration manual for the j2ee 6.40.

is there a way to generate doc's oder pdf's from the HTML documentation ? can i do it also ?

kind regards

hannes

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just in case you will not post it here, but send it to Hannes by eMail, I would also be very interested in a PDF/DOC version of the administration manual.

Cheers

Jan

jan.lohre@sap.com

0 Kudos

Hello Hannes,

If you give me more information about what exactly do you need, maybe I will be able to help you.

First, tell me for which J2EEngine version you need documentation.

You say that you need admin and operational manual, but can you tell me in more details what you would like to learn.

Best regards,

Lyubomir