cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

descriptive characteristics is not propagating along with demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had a requirement as following:

Say we have 10 depots which supplies the 10 markets (countries).

So in DP we have 10*10 = 100 CVC for each SKU (assuming each SKU is served by each depot to all the markets).

In SNP we want to reduce number of Depots.So we are exploring use of descriptive characteristic for this purpose.

The idea is to make SNP planning more granular by using country as descriptive characteristic.

By this way we can get visibility of country along with SKU and Depots in SNP.

For this purpose I have done all the settings like creation of consumption group,assigning consumption group to product master in SNP,releasing demand from DP to SNP by putting consumption group also as filter.

So my assumption was following:

Suppose there is a depot : D1 which serves two markets (countries) IN and US.

when we are releasing demand from DP to SNP the below details we are getting in SNP which is perfectly fine:

SKU depot Country Demand

S1 D1 IN 100

S1 D1 US 60

So, as expected in the released demand we are getting the visibility more than product-location in SNP.

But when we are running heuristic on location D1 the Purchase requisition it is generating is not having visibility

of country in it.

So it is generating a purchase requisition of 160 and we are loosing the visibility of country at this level.

For this purpose i went through few SAP notes and applied note 1408412.

But still the demand propagation is not getting the visibility of country in this planning book or in the product view.

Can anybody help me on this?

Is my understanding about usage of descriptive characteristic is correct and will it work as per my requirement across the demand flow?

Regards,

Mukesh pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The descriptive characteristics propagation will happen only at demand level and SNP will not consider any descriptive characteristic. The forecast consumption by the sales order can be controlled by descriptive characteristics.

So, in the SNP planned order level you can't see the descriptive characteristics.

Please refer the below link for more information on descriptive characteristics.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/d0/61603b5a13c401e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

So does it mean that heuristic run will not generate pur requisition where we will get visibility of the third characterictic.

Logically since the demand is getting visibility of third characteristics and the purchase requisition is generated based on this demand my expecation was purchase requisition should also get visibility of third characteristics.

Also does it mean that descriptive characterisics is only helpful during forecast conssumption ?

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

So does it mean that heuristic run will not generate pur requisition where we will get visibility of the third characterictic.

Logically since the demand is getting visibility of third characteristics and the purchase requisition is generated based on this demand my expecation was purchase requisition should also get visibility of third characteristics.

Also does it mean that descriptive characterisics is only helpful during forecast conssumption ?

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.

The SNP heuristic will not consider any descriptive characteristics. It will simply consider the quantities per period. Since the SNP will not support Pegging, even we cannot track the direct relationship b/w requirement and receipts. In PPDS, atleast you can see these pegging relations, but not the descriptive characteristics at the receipt level.

Regards,

Manimaran M.