cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent values list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is suresh. I am new for this technology.. Please Help me to know anybody about this issue....

The user will select the dropdown for the characteristic and it should display relevant values based on entered value from the preceding characteristic. For example, u201Cassembly typeu201D field value u201CCabinetu201D is only displayed for TLA Family type u201CSYMM5u201D u201CSYMM6u201D or u201CSYMM7u201D values. This is my requirement... How can i implement in core abap.

Dependent values like...

ASSEMBLY TYPE----

> TLA FAMILY TYPE

ADAPTER -

> SYMM5 / SYMM6/ SYMM7

BOARD -

> CLARIION/ CONVERGED/ CELERRA SHOEBOX

CAB/PDU/PDP -

> CLARIION/ CONVERGED/ CELERRA SHOEBOX

CABINET -

> SYMM5 / SYMM6/ SYMM7

CABLE - SERIALIZED.......> CLARIION/ CONVERGED/ SYMM5 / SYMM6/ SYMM7/ CELERRA SHOEBOX

These values coming from the table and as well as Dynamically also...(IN Both cases)

Please tell me how to implement in core abap....is there any code available please share with me.

Thank to ALL...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

Well, I also agree with Craig as this may not be feasible in QM stand alone! Possibly you can think of using selected sets for attributes as an alternative for this. I try to explain for the same case in point.

1. Letu2019s say we have created 2 qualitative MIC as Country and State

2. Create code groups under catalog 1 with states names

3. Create selected set as IN, GE, US for India, Germany and US respectively.

4. Under each one of these selected sets define country specific states.

5. You can assign more than 1 selected sets in MIC under catalog section.

6. As a result of which while carrying out result recording system will prompt you to put state name. drill down respective country folder and choose the appropriate one.

But this wouldnu2019t depend on previous result. At lease would ensure you can input the data.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ....

here my requirement is like.... (I give one general example, for this type of scenario i implemented... )

i have one input field with drop down list, from that list i select one country name,like INDIA ,then display the all the states of india( up,karnataka,AP,TN,....like) in that screen only.... this is my requirement scenario..... please help me anybody...

i can implement this req by using the function modules.

Here ,Country and states are dependent... here Country and states fields both having the drop down lists.... the data coming from the tables.. and also select the country name, and related states also display in the same screen(like drop down or text)

If any body having the idea about this issue please tell me step by step process or share with me,if have any source code..

Thank s to every one...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again,

You can only do that in varinat config.

Not possible in QM module with catalogs and qualittive MICS.

Can only be done in make-to-order scenario with QM integrated with variant config.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.. i will try it . after i asked my doubts if any.