Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AREA Z_XYZ does not exist and overview in MSS is not showing AREA link text

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an AREA GROUP page and AREA in ECC using Home Page Frame Work. I have created customized AREA with name u201CCompensation Managementu201D .I have assigned my customized Area to Area Group page with position number. I am not able to see my customized u201CCompensation Managementu201D link inside overview page.Our custom entry is available in ECC client 200 and our development portal is connected to ecc200 .

After restarting the portal server also we are not able to see the Area links text inside Overview tab. our portal version is 7.0.11.

Also I am getting error AREA Z_MSS_TEST_CV doesn't exist when I am trying to access the my CV work set inside the roel MSS.I have created customized Area Z_MSS_TEST_CV and it is availble in ecc client200 also.We have moved the ECC changes from 100 client to 200 using SCC1 t-code.Also we have checked the sap note 797174 and we didn't find any missing entry in the table T7XSSSERSTRING and T7XSSSERSTRLAN in clcient 200.So we didn't transport theses table content.

Can you please provide your inputs how my customized Area link text will be visible inside overview page?How the error AREA does not exist wrror will be resolved?

Thanks

Susmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your area definition pointing to correct resource in R/3.

Check under :

Define Areas (Add Entries)

Double click on your Area entry and see the resource it points to.

Now properly check the resource definition.

It should point to correct path in PCD.

For getting a overall familiarity with concept refer to :

ESS: How to Add Custom Area Page to Overview page

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0235c40-6351-2a10-a3a3-eb666dfdb...

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

I ahve checked the AREA and URL of PCD path in the Resource , everything is fine.The links that you have provided, I have alraedy cross checked the entries of mine accoring to the PDF file.

Still I am not able to get the root cause why I am getting this error.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you adjusted the sap.xss.menuarea parameter in Application Parameters property of iview in PCD portal ? as described in above doc/article....

Also try previewing the iview (That you created for your new area page) directly from PCD. See if it works from there.

Edited by: Saurabh Agarwal on Sep 19, 2011 9:36 AM

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have mentioned the AREA name in the application parameter of iView.As mentioned by you just now I have tested the iView by previewing it and I am getting Area does not exists error and inside overview tab I am not able to see my customized Area link text.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does your Area containa sub area...

have u done any mapping yet for Area - Sub-area....

If not then try it...also add a service to sub-area and associate an resource with your service.

I am not very sure...about this.... is there any such condition....like...An area must contain atealst one sub-area....for getting itself visible on portal......but u can give it a try...as nothing else seems to be working for you.....

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.Now I am able to see the Area link text .However I am getting the bew issue now.I have created a Service and assign the service to Subarea.I am able to see the service description.However I am not able to see the Service link text.

Thanks

Susmita

Answers (0)