Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lots as per the PO.

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Concerned,

i am having a problem with the no. of inspection lots for a particular Purchase order.

i would like to explain it through an example.

suppose i made a PO of quantity of 2000 tons. and want got 500 tons delivery daily for 4 days. I assumed 4 batches and wanted 1 for a day. after that I wanted 1 inspection lot for a batch(no matter how many GRN's were made), so in the material master I selected for each purchase order item, batch and storage location in the control Insplot tab. Now the quantity of each Grn gets added in the lot automatically. but the problem i am facing is that suppose I do the UD of the lot at 200 tons then when the next GRN is made the lot is not getting generated in the same date.

please provide a solution without any user exit.....

thanks in advance.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the lot size of 2000 tons why don't you make 4 line items in PO with Qty 500 tons.

You can explore the settings...."For each line item ,batch & storage lcoation"

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Sir,

the problem with this setting is that for every line item if we make two GRNs without doing the UD of the first lot. two lots are created. whereas i want that there should be only one lot for one line item. no matter how many GRN's. The quantity should be added in the same lot until the UD of the lot is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No...if you follow this scenario then "New lot only be created if " A previously created inspection lot has already been completely credited from the stock" means stock posting is done.

If stock posting not done then this scenario should work.

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

sir i tried this thing but two lots were created for two grn's for the same line item.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is batch remains same for all Gr's ? if its different then its very much true that new inspection lot will be created.

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

no the batch is same for the GR's of one line item