cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planned Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Scenario: we plan finished goods in SNP & for component level we run MRP in ECC.

I need to understand how MRP does planning in ECC based on SNP Planned order. Why MRP run does detailed scheduling on Finished goods planned order which released from SNP?

I am not getting why MRP in ECC considers material which has X0 MRP type & it does detailed scheduling on finished good planned order & it changes start date & time of planned order which push back or forward sometime in SNP.

Can anyone explain why MRP does detailed scheduling on finished good planned order? And after sheduling why it changes start Date & Time?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sujay Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to understand how MRP does planning in ECC based on SNP Planned order. 

When the SNP planned order is transferred to ECC, the dependent demand for the components will be created because of the Finished materials MRP type X0. X0 MRP type is used to 'Without MRP with BOM explosion'. That means this MRP type will not allow any MRP planning at ECC but allows BOM explosion. So, while running MRP, the component's dependent demand will be planned as it has some other MRP type like PD.

Why MRP run does detailed scheduling on Finished goods planned order which released from SNP? 
I am not getting why MRP in ECC considers material which has X0 MRP type & it does detailed scheduling on finished good planned order & it changes start date & time of planned order which push back or forward sometime in SNP.

ECC MRP will not plan again the Finished product which is planned at APO. It will only plan the components dependent demand.

The master data- PDS for SNP and PPDS are different. The SNP PDS has high level -bucket planning details,while PPDS PDS has detailed scheduling details. While releasing SNP order to PPDS, the PPDS detailed scheduling PDS will be exploded. Thats why the PPDS planned order has detailed scheduling dates and times.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for your reply.

In our case we are NOT using PP/DS so we have only SNP PDS. If this the case do you think MRP should change scheduling of finished good planned order which we are planning in SNP?

When we release any finished goods planned order ECC we see action control tab on that order which shows APCR which is SNP created order but when MRP runs we see detailed scheduling tab on plan order as well.

So just wondering why MRP touches the finished good planned order, are we running wrong MRP setup which considering finished good planned order OR is there bug in the system?

Regards

Sujay Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay

MRP should touch the planned orders since we are keeping the MRP type X0 , it means planning in external system and

explosion of BOM in ECC

Now why its doing the schduling because you may have selected the option 2 "lead time scheduling and capacity planning" in the scheduling option when running the MRP jobs either md02 or MDBT

Regards

Deven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear manimaran

I am going through the same scenario as joshi....component planning is done by MRP and planning for final product is done by SNP and PP/DS......say i have planned order from SNP and PP/DS

1. can i subject those planned orders to MRP run again by bringing back to ECC

2.If its is possible how do i see what is the screen wherein i will see that planned orders from SCM has arrived to ECC

3.what tcode do i use to subject those scm planned orders to MRP run

I have detailed a implentation procedure i would be happy if you can say if it is logically correct,if it is not correct then which is the correct logic.

• Planning will be divided into two parts ,Plant level planning and supply chain planning, for Plant level planning traditional MRP run is mandatory to determine the requirements at the plant level.
  • DMS (Distributor management system ) to be used by all customers
  • Capture the demand from all the market segment  into DMS and upload the demand in SCM
  • Create a demand plan in APO and release it in SAP R/3 Demand management after confirming the demand.
  • Maintain material master for all the materials on demand.
  • Maintain relevant production version in C223
  • Run traditional MRP
  • Calculate exact  quantities by creating production order in R/3.
  • Transfer the quantities  required for specific time period alone to APO,for example if you want to allocate capacity to run 4 shifts transfer the approximate value of quantity alone to APO, the time period may be for 7 shifts or 1 month ,which is industry specific. 
  • Perform simultaneous capacity and material planning in PP/DS  (or)
  • After rough cut planning in APO, SNP perform simultaneous planning in APO , PP/DS ,using any one of standard heuristic like PP_001 or MRP_001 or PP_002
  • Adopt planning procedure =3
  • Confirm the production order in R/3

thanks

Saravanan