cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment more than the released budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our system Availabity control gets activated after budget release.

But even after budget release , system is allowing to create PR having value more than the released budget.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ensure that whether you have maintained check on commitment in 'Define Tolerance Limits' transaction. You need to look out for the entry where Tr. Grp is ++ or 00 against the correct profile.

In case the configuration has been maintained appropriately, kindly re-buil the database (CJEN) and then re-construct the availability control (CJBN).

Revert back if this doesn't resolve your problem.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply

In our system Tr. Grp is ++ is maintained. Still the system has allowed to create PR more than the released budget.

Case -1

On further analysis we found that , in our case PR was created before budget release when availability control was not active. Hence system had allowed commitement more than the released budget. But when I am changing the PR value by even 1 INR or creatte new actvity with some value , system gives budget check error.

I think I need to prohibit PR creation before budget release through user status to restrict such budget overshoot discrepancy .

Case -2

There is one more peculiar case which i want to share for some suggestions -

If I budget value less than the planned value in the WBS , then also system allows budget overshoot as it allows PR creation for those planned activities. But when I am changing the PR value by even 1 INR or create new actvity with some value , system gives budget check error.

Kindly help with some suggestions

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

You have diagnosed the cause for your error correctly. Budget check only works when AVAC status is active on the system status. This occurs after you have assigned the budget to the project (either manually or automatically). The best way to resolve your issue would be the use of user status thereby restricting such discrepancies from ever getting created.

On a more general note, the AVAC status is designed in a way to accomodate backward compatability i.e. it does not take into account what happened prior to the budget being assigned. Past transactions are ignored but new transactions are checked for budget (annually or total depending on configuration) and that is why the system is throwing the error message. It is standard system behavior.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If you are planning to make use of User Status, be sure that standard SAP does not activate User Status on Budget Release, for that you need to get it activated through Budget Allocation.

The Flow for the same will be as Below:

1. Initial Status say NBUD(Not Budgetd ) will forbidd creation of PR/PO. and will be deleted once WBS gets the status BUDG.

2 Also create a User Status which will be set with the system Status BUDG.

This will prohibit creating the PR unless you have Budget to particular WBS and Since it will be controlled by Budget Assignment you can never release more budget than aloocated.

Regards,

Hemant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the notes 955106 and 955107 have been implemented in your system. If they are, PR commitment wont be taken into account during availability control.

Regards,

Gokul