cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta loading to BW and archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

We have ERP2004 and BW. For loading data from ERP2004, we use both full and delta upload. We are currently planning to implement archiving in ERP2004.

Especially MM PO (purchasing order) documents is the target for archiving. I have question here.

If we archiving tables which are loaded to BW with delta upload, is data in BW also deleted?

We do full loading to BW for PO document table, but related tables like STXH, STXL, ADR2, ADRCT, we do delta upload. I am afraid that data inconsistency will occur.

Thank for your advice in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I feel , the archival must happen seperately for both the systems( ERP / BW).

Archiving affecting loads?. Usually archiving are done for very old data information , I dont think loads in very past will happen now. so your full and delta load will not be a affected.

Regards,

Rakesh.

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, if you are using standard data sources for loading in delta mode, it will delete archived documents from BW tables also unless you write a specific routine for field ROCANCEL and value R (used for deleted records).

In case of full load, data will not be deleted from BW system unless you are doing a delete and full.

If you are doing a delta load using generic data sources, it will not bring any deletion to BW system unless you have specifically written some code to find the deleted records and send those to BW.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I share Gaurav's concerns regarding the delta load of BW, and can even confirm it, because I had already to reload archived CO data as BW data got screwed up after archving in ERP