cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple class assignments transfer to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Our requirement is to transfer multiple classes assignments (class type 001,023 and 300) from ECC to ALPO through CIF on configurable materials.

Is this possible to transfer multiple class assignments for the product to APO?

In ECC for the configurable material we assigned above mentioned class types.

we use CDP configuration scheme in APO.

Kindly advise.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked with 2 class assignments transfer to APO like 023 and 300. Class 023 will be transferred as class type 232. If you want to use CDP, the system will create a class of type 400 automatically, based on this class only CDP will happen. There are certain prerequisite and conditions for this.

Please refer the below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/c8/9c8e40496f6f1de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manimaran,

Thansk much for your reply.

We are using CDP configuration scheme in SCM 7.1. I have tested transferring class types 023 and 300 to APO for a material variant and observed that the classes of class types 230, 232, 300 and 400 created in APO accordingly.

It means 230 and 232 are created from ERP class 023.

and 300 and 400 created from ERP class 300.

Here my question is why 232 class type created additionally in APO? is it standard behavior? (in SAP documents it mentioned that class type 230 will be created in APO from ERP class type 023)

And also observed the classes of class types 400 and 232 have been assigned in APO product master for the material variant.

(232 class type description shown as 'Material Class')

My expectation was 400 and 230 should be assigned to material variant in APO.

Kindly confirm the system is rightly doing here during class and material variant transfer.

Best Regards,

Krish

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my experience, class 232 is the one assigned to the Product master as the Batch class. This depends upon the 'Object' settings maintained at the customizing level. This cannot be changed after the initial system setup.

The class 230 is also created for the transferred batch class because of the same the 'Object' settings maintained at the customizing level.

Anyway, it is fine that if you get 232 is assigned to your product master. The behavior is standard only.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks again for your valuable response.

I read following from SAP document "Integration of Batches" and as per the doc class type 232 will be created in APO if SNC is installed in the SCM system.

However we are not implementing SNC and as of now the PPDS and GATP components are activated in our system.

I need to check with my basis team whether any SNC components activated.

-

Batches in the Connected SCM System

In the connected SCM system, batches are called versions and are displayed on the Versions tab page in the product view. In the SCM system, batch properties are stored as classifications.

In the SCM system, batches are classified with class type 230. If SAP Supply Network Collaboration (SAP SNC) is installed in the SCM system, an additional class of class type 232 is created for use in SAP SNC that refers to the class of class type 230.

-

You have mentioned in your reply that it depends on "Objects" settings defined in customization.

Could you please let me know where i can check object setting in Customization.

Best Regards,

Krish

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Please check the following in your APO system SPRO.

Cross-Application Components --> Classification System -->Classes --> Maintain Object Types and Class Types

In this transaction, select object table /SAPAPO/VERSKEY and double click on objects in the left hand side panel. This will display the Class type and table list. Here against /SAPAPO/VERSKEY, you can find 230 and 232. Similarly against /SAPAPO/MATKEY, you can find 232. If this would have been set as 230 (/SAPAPO/MATKEY = 230), I guess, you will get the 230 class assigned to your product master.

But this setting can not be changed once you have materials with 232 assignment.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

As you mentioned in Maintain Object Types and Class Types i found the class type 232 maintained against /SAPAPO/MATKEY

and 230 maintained against /SAPAPO/VERSKEY.

That is the reason why the class 232 assigned in product variant in product master.

This is really very helpful answer and i awarded you points.

Thanks much for your help.

Regards,

Manimaran M.