Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP 5.3 SP 16, P3, CUP Roles & attributes upload documents not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

GRC 5.3 CUP

Does anyone know if there are any documentations on roles import and attributes import documents to understand the actual template fields and how they're supposed to be filled, what all those fields are and what file formats they need to be in , in order to upload successfully? Bc the download templates SAP provides in CUP, some field values are hard to understand. For example, how do you add more than one role approver to the same line or more than one system id, and does the role approver value need to be just role approver userid or also first and last name , etc.

I would think there has to be some documentation on these template files as it's not easy to understand how all those field values are filled and what does ( or | ot , represent, etc. in order for all field values to upload successully. I didn't find any info on the config guide and nor could locate any SAP note on it. Would greatly appreciate if anyone knows on any good documentation on it. Same with Roles Attributes files as even after I down loaded them and filled the field values and then tried to upload them back in excel or even tab DE-limited text files, it kept getting error to load.

Thanks very much,

Alley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alley,

you can find the definition for the GRC 5.3 CUP Role Import Files in the SAP GRC AC Config Guide "AC53_CG_FINAL" chapter Roles, available on the SAP OSS BO.

Regarding the format of the field Approvers, it's Roleappr|alternative|Y and separate with "," for each row (Y=lead approver row).

SAP recommends that you edit the downloaded template with your additional roles. Do not modify the sheet name and header names.

So the best way to understand and import roles in mass, is to:

1) import one dummy role using the import from backend.

2) change the fields in the cup role configuration.

3) search the role and export the file.

4) open the file, and add additional role and info.

Also, the file format is very sensible in terms of "excel filters" active, speech marks, date format or "&".

Good luck.

N

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

even better: if you can identify the role names through a pattern import them from the backend directly, THEN export and fill the attribute fields. That way a lot of work gets done automatically.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nuno.

It's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I had the older version of GRC 5.3 Config guide which didn't have this information.

I really needed to understand the file formating and field value with the |, ) Y all those values SAP had inserted in the template and what they stood for. And downloading the latest Config guide and looking as you suggested in the Roles info area helped.

Thanks to other folks for this thread help as well.

Best Regards,

Alley

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have more than 1 Company to Role, then the template or export will show you a komma (,) seperation, but this must now be a semi-kolon (

I had that problem.

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

Further to Frank's suggestion, here's my few cents on the task:

Create / import a role or roles you think forms a complete list into CUP. Maintain the role attributes - Business Processes, Approvers, Systems, etc. to name a few through the Role change UI in CUP. Now upload this role and use this file as a template for updating the date for all your Roles.

Eg. If you need to maintain multiple systems for a Role, the format would be like PX1(P),PX2(P) for the column "System" or Column F of app rovers could be like I012345,I012346|I012347 where in all the 3 users are primary approvers with I012347 designated as the lead approver.

Hope this helps,

- Anil