cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm developing one customer adapter module that calls stored procedure on sender side. I'm not able to stop process when Resultset is empty. As interface is firing every 60s, it is happening quite often and I want to avoid this, like std. JDBC adapter does. How to get this?

kr

mario

p.s: there should be some documentation on PI server regarding development customer modules, and I've found ONLY compiled Java classes not the source code. Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An adapter module cannot stop a message. Only an adapter can do this.

But developing a whole adapter is very difficult.

You find the source code of the sample adapter module in SAP note 1004000

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there is no chance to stop further processing if my module didn't find anything? That is what I wanted to do.

Or how to tell adapter from my module not to create anything if there is no message, and to raise error or send empty one

kr

mario

Edited by: Mario Slopar on Sep 18, 2011 8:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Or how to tell adapter from my module not to create anything if there is no message, and to raise error or send empty one

That depends on the adapter type upon which you intend to use the adapter module and its direction. If you can give these 2 details we could probably help you better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is about JDBC sender adapter

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

Its Adapter that calls the Module and it is not true other way around so you can't stop adapter through Module.

In your module code you can write a code in such a way that it forms just a header(or anything you wish to) and send it further.

In Receiver determination you can put a condition if certain node doesn't exist (in case of Result Set returns empty) then End the message (with or without error notification).

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I didn't expected that this will be only solution, it is not bad, but I'm not happiest with it.....any other idea?