cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 RFCs fail along with OSS1 connection failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SAPOSS SAPNET_RFC connections are working fine.

OSS1 is configured. Tried to logon to SAP but it gives me a pop up for selection of group ( 1_PUBLIC, EWA, etc.. ) which implies the technical configuration in OSS1 is correct, but ultimately it is not able to reach SAP.

On the other hand, I am using a S User to login to SAP marketplace, but the same S User ID maintained in SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 RFCs fail. ( note that the owner and password of the S user was changed recently ). I checked the authorizations of the S User and it is fine.

SAPOSS and SAPNET_RFC are giving successful auth test, and tried to re-run the step User Details in "Basic Setup" in Solman_setup. But it fails to upgrade the SAP-OSS & SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 user and password details.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I faced this error when bein in SOLMAN_SETUP / System Preparation / Specify Connectivity Data on following RFCs SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01.

These were returning errors as mentioned above, although they were working previously using my S-user. I tried to re-enter the password correctly couple of times but did not succeed. Then I sow that my SAPOSS was working fine using OSS_RFC.

So I used data from 182308 / User OSS_RFC / Password CPIC and updated SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 so they started to work under OSS_RFC user and then under SOLMAN_SETUP / System Preparation / Specify Connectivity Data I mentioned my S-user and his the password again -> as a result both SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 were updated by the SOLMAN_SETUP transaction and are now working fine using the S-User as they should.

Weird issue as I'm 99% sure that I didnt make a typo in the password. Hope this helps.

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

I hope you are maintaining correct user credentials for RFC SAPOSS as per note # 182308

Language EN

Client 001

User OSS_RFC

Password CPIC

Also please maintain respective S user id crendentials in RFC SAP-OSS-LIST-O01

Best Regards,

Rupali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

What error you face when you do connection test and auth test for SAP-OSS RFC ?

And are you able to maintain user/password details for these RFCs manually using SM59 ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is "user / password is incorrect"

But as I said before the same S User is able to login to service marketplace.

And yes I am able to modify the same from SM59.

Also, tried recreating them or correcting them from Solman_setup.

It throws the error " Check credentials of S-User. Check that activity 'Check Service Connection' of previous step 'Installation Check' ran fine." in the step "User Data" while the step "Installation Check --> Check Service Connection " is Green.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Edited by: Kaustubh Krishna on Sep 17, 2011 11:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see this strange Wiki page in SDN

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=233410011

And if possible, try to create the RFC manually using Settings -> Global settings