cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTORE DATABASE IN WINDOWS MSSQL-2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have installed a new sap ecc 6.0 on windows ms-sql2005.

After installing a new system we have tried restoring the data base of the existing system.

we were having few issues but after applying the sapnote : 1294762. executing the script mentioned in the note we are able to start our sap successfully.

Did i miss any of the steps i need to perform after restoring the data.

Do i need to update the database to replace the existing database after restore.

please help

Thanks!

Vardhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to suggest you to try reliable and reasonable priced utility to restore all of your deleted MDF and NDF file from SQL server database.

You can try this tool from here: - SQL Database Recovery � Get Back Lost MDF Database Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostly business IT companies depend to make database on MS SQL server database, its very difficult problem if database get corrupt due to any reason. So have suggest you free trail  and best tool for SQL server corruption and deleted database.

Visit here:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/sql-database-recovery-software.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhan,

As far as I know - Note 1294762 - SCHEMA4SAP.VBS is the last step during MS SQL database restore/copy (core database copy step apart from other sap specific steps).

Since the SAP is up now, you may check a few things related to some transactions for e.g. sm21, sick, db related tcodes etc. just to make sure that everything is fine.

However I would like to ask you what you meant by - 'Do i need to update the database to replace the existing database after restore.' ?

I assume that you restored your 'new' sap database with some 'existing' (means different sap system) database. And if now you have got your 'new' database and 'new' SAP up and running then I don't think you have missed anything. What I mean is - I hope you have kept this point in mind that if you are restoring some 'existing' SID onto a 'new' SID then you will have to change SID on the target so as to get 'new' DBSID and 'new' SAPSID up and running.

I am not sure what method you used to restore the 'existing' db to this 'new' system but you can refer to the 'Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database' to re-check if any post-processing is required.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Sorry i haven't explained you the process how i restored my database.

1. i have installed a new sap system with same sid and dbsid of existing system.

2.i have detached the database of the newly installed system.

3. i have attached the database of the existing system which i planned to restored the database.

4.then applied the sap note1294762 to start sap.

every thing is fine till now.

now the problem is i am unable to login to system using sapgui. " unable to login to system (error in license check)".

when i try to install a sap-license i get the following error

C:\usr\sap\DE1\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386>saplicense -install

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run

But when i say saplicence -show i get the following error

This application has failed to start because libSQLDBC76.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

please need help.

Regards

Vardhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So have you confirmed the environment variables dbms_type and DIR_LIBRARY ?

'This application has failed to start because libSQLDBC76.dll was not found'

It seems some kernel file or some file related to database. Please verify whether it exists in the kernel directory or not. Or do a windows search for this name on the existing system's host to compare.

*Just to add, I had seen libSQLDBC76.dll related error in systems having MaxDB as database.

If you are unable to logon via sapgui due to error in license check, then try to logon via SAP*/pass. Activate it by setting up

The profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar should be set to value '0'. Then try to install license via sap*/pass client 000 - transaction slicense.

By the way, what 'saplicense -show' shows for the existing system ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for the reply

i have set the environmental variables for

dbms_type = ADA

DIR_LIBRARY= run directory

i have doubt about dbms_type it should be ADA or mss please confirm for mssql2005

i have searched for this file libSQLDBC76.dll in both source and destination system but didnot found.

saplicense -show

This application has failed to start because libSQLDBC76.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

how to over come this issue please help.

Thanks!

Vardhan.

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

try to login with sap* user

and then apply new license.

Thanks

ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check this page, dbms_type should be 'mss' for ms sql server database. ADA is used for MaxDB database.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/2b/f8993af7700577e10000000a11402f/content.htm

And by the way, did you try sap*/pass logon after activation of parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks For the reply

i have replaced the environmental variable,

after adding the profile i am able to login into system using sap*

but the problem at os level "saplicense -get" , " saplicense-temp" remains same.

waiting for the reply from sap once i get i will install a saplicense from sap* and pass

Thanks!

Vardhan.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible that you mixed up the kernel DVDs or mixed up a kernel upgrade? It seems you're running on MS-SQL but the database dependent files are for MaxDB - or vice versa.

Markus