SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End billing date of a Portion

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a small doubt while creating Portion. Though we have end billing period field in portion, it actually does not mean it. Logically End billing period means that the billing cannot be done after this date.

But if we have open bill order for a specific installation, you can easily do billing for that installation after this date too. This date actually is used to determine the End of meter reading period of MRU while creating a MRU which uses a Portion.

So is this the only significance of this date?or am i missing something? help needed

-Arghya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the F1 help of that field?

It states: 'Date by which the portion must be billed for the first time.'

That means the installation which has the portion attached to it through MRU or Alternate Portion(maintained at the contract level) will have the bill for the first time that means earliest by this time you can bill the customer and obviously after that. But not before this date. This 'first time' refers to the availabilty of the meter read so that one can bill the customer and hence in Dependency section of the help it is also mentioned that 'The date must not be earlier than the end of the meter reading period or the scheduled reading date of all corresponding meter reading units.'

Regards,

S

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the F1 help of that field?

It states: 'Date by which the portion must be billed for the first time.'

That means the installation which has the portion attached to it through MRU or Alternate Portion(maintained at the contract level) will have the bill for the first time that means earliest by this time you can bill the customer and obviously after that. But not before this date. This 'first time' refers to the availabilty of the meter read so that one can bill the customer and hence in Dependency section of the help it is also mentioned that 'The date must not be earlier than the end of the meter reading period or the scheduled reading date of all corresponding meter reading units.'

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi S,

"But not before this date"

Again I have a doubt in this case too. You mentioned that we can not bill a consumer before this End Billing Date of a Portion whereas the start date of billing a consumer depends on Scheduled Billing date and not on End of Billing Period. I guess we can bill a consumer after Schedule Billing date which is prior to end of billing date. Please clarify if I am wrong.

Thank,

Arghya

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP:

End of the billing period:

On this date the portion should be billed for the first time.This date and the length of the billing period(period length) determine the date of the next billing.

Scheduled Billing Date :

Date on which billing of the contracts in a portion starts.

When the schedule record is being created, the system calculates this date by subtracting the number of days between the end of the billing period and the scheduled billing date from the date for the end of the billing period of the schedule record.

The SAP calendar is used.

Therefore it can be concluded that the SBD is when the contracts is considered/eligible for billing of the consumed energy and EBP marks end of the period when the portion is billed for the first time and forms the basis for further calculation.

Also my apologies if my above statement has created any confusion. This 'first time' billing actually forms the basis for further date calculation for scheduling and that is what I tried to indicate.

Regards,

S