cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade EHP4 in MAIN_IMPORT phase from last 3 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing the Upgrade from EHP3 to EHP 4 by the saint.

But the server has been in the main import phase from last 3 days and there is no error and no false log in the trans folder.

But during the process SAP server has restarted once and the machine on which we are doing saint has been restarted three times.

Server has

CPU.:- 8

RAM:- 8 GB

Swap:- 24GB

Processor;- Xeon(R) 2.27 GHz

Can anybody please let me know, what are the ill effect the upgrade has due to these restarts ?

And why is it taking such a long time to do upgrade.?

Thanks,

Abha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> I am doing the Upgrade from EHP3 to EHP 4 by the saint.

> But the server has been in the main import phase from last 3 days and there is no error and no false log in the trans folder.

> But during the process SAP server has restarted once and the machine on which we are doing saint has been restarted three times.

>

EHP4 upgrade from SAINT is not possible if you are upgrading SAP_APPL and EA-APPL package.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is your parameter setting looks. how many parallel jobs did you assign? The question we have , is are your using your resources enough, or as much it allows .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably sould check he filesystem if it is full . and based on your OS , check TOP or Glance command see if anything happening. check the log files and if you are not sure you can stop the the upgrade and start again with the old options. I am not sure whta you meanby saint cause you have to stop when it gets to the saint and spdd and check with your bussines people for modfications and continue . hope it helps . good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamidreza,

Thanks for your reponse.

Filesystem is not full and in top processes is working fine.

And log doesnt show any error, upgrade is resumed.

But my question is why it is taking too long in the MAIN_IMport phase.

Thanks,

Abha

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many process are there used for upgrade and how is your database performance, did u updated the stats before moving to upgrade ??

Thanks

Anil Bhandary