cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Issue when tried to unarchive the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MDM 7.1 sp06 successfully, mounted the server and created a new repository, loaded it.

When I tried to unarchive the repository which was archived from another MDM server, it gave a popup of overwriting the current repository when clicked yes, its giving a error as follows:

"MDM repository data is out-of-date or is locked by another MDM Server. Refresh the data and try the operation again. If the error persists, contact the system admin".

Can anyone please help me with the issue.

Regards,

Vidya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you are unarchieving the MDM 5.5 repository on MDM 7.1, if it is so then please update the unarachieved repository by right click on repository and choose update...

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The MDM version is 7.1 sp02 and Im trying to unarchive the repository from another server of version 7.1 sp06.

Do I need to update in this case also?

Regards,

Vidya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vidya,

Yes in this case too you would have to update the repository.

In my experience I have often seen repositories getting overwritten give some problems.

Taking a archive,dleeting the old one,unarchiving the new one works better.

As of now a server restart can help you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mounika,

If you change the Support Package of MDM, you need to Update the repository and also update all other components to the same support package to avoid any conflict. The components include GUI's, Servers and also the business packages deployed on portal or other tools.

You should never bring a repository from higher version of MDM to a lower version of MDM, it should be from lower to Higher. This is the standard recommendation from SAP, if you still do the other way then there will be unknown issues.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mounika -

Do an upgrade in your MDM Components and also take archive/backup for your old work for your reference.

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are installing CE 7.1 in distributed enviroment, completed Global host installation on Node A, while installing Database instance on the Node B where DB is running, we are getting the following error " oracle software not installed install oracle software before continuing". But checked and found that the Oracle is installed properly. Can some help to fix this issue as early as possible. our OS is windows 2008 and we are on Service pack 2.

Thanks,

Mounika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

Was the problem resolved?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the solutions.

The problem has been resolved by upgrading the MDM from sp02 to sp06.

Regards,

Vidya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly close the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi