cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Enter Event for a Input Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Scenario is like , I am having a table and in that two input field are there say Kilometers and Rate .

Rate field is a read only field .

User will enter data in Kilometer field and the value should reflect in Rate field according to the kilometer entered.

I have used ONENTER event on kilometer field and it is working fine and changing the value of Rate accordingly.

But , Now user is asking that can it be possible without pressing enter the value should change like by clicking on other field or by anything other than pressing enter.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have you tried coding in WDDOMODIFYVIEW ...if not then please try this it will work for sure in your case

Regards,

Sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sahai ,

I tried the code in WDMODIFYVIEW it is working but not the way i want . In this again we have to ENTER to trigger WDMODIFYVIEW it will no automatically change the value .

I dont think it is possible in Web dynpro ABAP the way i want it to be .

Thanks

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhilarya

Have you tried using Cell Variants ?

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ricardo ,

I did not tried using cell variants because it is used to change the cell properties dynamically and that is not my requirement.

If it can be possible using cell variants please ellaborate.

Thanks

Nikhil Arya.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

for your scenario, there must be an action triggered .

otherwise if you have fixed values of kilometers, then use the dropdown by key and write your code in onselect action. then it would be much easier then enter action. but it wil work if you have some fixed values of kilometers. Otherwise you have to use on enter action.

Or else place one more button Say CALCULATE write that code in calculate button action, so that user will understand he have to press on calculate .

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas ,

Thanks for the Answer .

Ya i know there has to be a action to change the value of the field .

I saw one application that was web dynpro Java and in that the same thing was running , they dont have to press enter to change the value. They were clicking any where on the screen and the value changes according to the kilometer entered . So thats why i thought the same thing can be done in web dynpro ABAP without ONENTER.

Thanks.

Nikhil.

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

As suggested by srinivas without any action it is not possible to perform changes.

As u told that u seen some where in WD JAVA that for some action or enter it changes for this u can write ur code in WDDOBEFOREACTION method so that it will trigger for every action in ur view.

Regards,

Farooq