Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SOURCE OF SUPPLY table under the SOURCE OF SUPPLY/SERVICE AGENTS tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7.1.

Can someone please explain me the use of the SOURCE OF SUPPLY table under the SOURCE OF SUPPLY/SERVICE AGENTS tab in the shopping cart screen?

I can see the following columns in the SOURCE OF SUPPLY table under the SOURCE OF SUPPLY/SERVICE AGENTS tab:

Supplier number

Supplier name

Priority description

Item

Currency

Supplier Product number

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear CG,

The source of supply tab in the shopping cart does work as a mini sourcing cockpit. Here, the requestor can check for available source of supply for the requested item before triggering the order of the shopping cart.

Depending on the technical scenario, the sources of supply available for selection varies. In case of classic scenario, infor record and backend contracts are available for selection.

For extended classic scenario, local contract and supplier list are available for selection.

I hope, it helps you.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh and Ranjan,

In case of ECS,when do we use supplier list ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Supplier list is prepared by the purchaser for a material or material group/prod category where the purchaser selects vendors, contracts etc against a material or material group. These sources of supply will then appear for an end user when she/he selects that material or material of that product category.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many ways assign a source during shopping cart creation.

1. Free Text Shopping cart

During creation of shopping cart after entering the description ,qty price . go to source of supply tab--enter the source

and save the shopping cart. Once the shopping cart is approved .PO is created for the vendor what you assigned.

2.During the creation of shopping cart using MDM catalog ,the source is assigned in the MDM catalog no need to assign

Once the shopping cart is approved .PO is created for the vendor that is coming from the MDM catalog.

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar