cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM 10.0 Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am currently configuring GRC AC 10.0 for a client. I am having an issue when it comes to which roles to assign to each user in regards to SPM (Firefighter).

Users of Firefighter - "FF ADMINISTRATOR", "FF OWNER", "FF CONTROLLER" and "FF USER" that need roles. The guide I'm referring to (AC 10.0 Centralized Firefighter Access.pdf) says I need the following:

FF OWNER = SAP_GRAC_SUPER_USER_MGMT_OWNER

FF CONTROLLER = SAP_GRAC_SUPER_USER_MGMT_CNTLR

FF USER = SAP_GRAC_SUPER_USER_MGMT_USER

FF ADMINISTRATOR = SAP_GRAC_SUPER_USER_MGMT_ADMIN (not mentioned in guide but I am assuming)

In addition, each need SAP_GRC_FN_BASE and SAP_GRC_FN_BUSINESS_USER roles.

However, I've already realized that the FF ADMINISTRATOR is going to need the SAP_GRAC_SETUP role in order to be able to access the Setup tab within GRC in order to maintain the Access Control Owners and then assign an Owner to a Firefighter ID.

The issue comes up when you need to give the Owners the same SAP_GRAC_SETUP role in order to maintain the Firefighter IDs assigned to them and assign those to the actual end user Firefighters. However, with that role, the Owner would also have access to maintain Owners, Reason Codes, etc.

Questions: Am I going to have to manually edit the authorizations within this role to make this work? Is there an actual list of roles that need to be assigned to each of the Users within Firefighter? or is this a trial-and-error process of adding each role to the user and testing to see which roles they need?

Thanks,

Madhu

Edited by: Madhu Mathew on Sep 16, 2011 11:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Along with roles given in guide try adding following roles :

1. SAP_GRAC_BASE

2.SAP_GRAC_END_USER

3.SAP_GRAC_NWBC

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Yes. These roles have been assigned to the test users as well. However, there is also the SAP_GRAC_SETUP role which I mentioned in the message. Without this, the Administrator cannot assign firefighter IDs to owners. The problem is that I need to give the Owners the same SAP_GRAC_SETUP role. The owners should have access to assigning firefighters and controllers to firefighter IDs, but they are also able to edit the owners and reason codes as well.

Thanks,

Madhu

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

As with any SAP template role, they will not necessarily be perfect straight out of the box.

I think that you will have to play with the roles and customise them to fit the exact authorisation restrictions you require. The good thing is that at least it is possible to do this using proper authorisation objects and through PFCG. Perhaps use the standard roles as guidelines and restrict within the tabs to create custom variants based upon the standard base?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thanks. We are currently working on modifying the standard roles as needed, but I was just hoping that someone (or SAP) had already done this. I am only speaking of basic functionality of the roles, not anything client or business-specific.

For example, I would think that the Owner role given should not have access to create or assign new owners, but they do.

Thanks,

Madhu