cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Wizards in SAP SRM 7 Shopping cart creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users have been complaining about not so intuitive SRM screens and too much data entry for Shoppiing cart creation, I have been exploring using wizards to adress this issue but need some help on how to configure wizards, can anyone share any docs or guides.

Also please share experience of using wizards in your system, how it helped, what worked well and not not.Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both in Wizard and shop transaction the creation of SC is same

what are you expecting .give me details

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Wizard shopping cart creation is a simplified more user friendly shopping cart create tool, the user must fill all required fields, and pass through the wizard in steps, each step is clearly defined and one cannot move to the next step until the requirement sof it's parent step is completed, in this manner, the shopping cart creation is simplified and broken into clearly defined steps for ease of use.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add more, SC wizard is associated with the employee role. It does not have features like buy on behalf, default settings, Limit items etc (in standard). Usually in organisations contracts are published as catalogs and these are associated to employees at company level or dept level. In SC Wizards employee can shop using these catalogs.

In SRM 7.0 Ehp1 there is a much simplified SC,it is more like a one page SC. The target users of this is the Occasional users.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I learnt that buying across company codes is also a limitation using wizards, can anyone please confirm if thats always the case or is there any workaround or BADI that could be used to bypass this limitation. our admins buy across differnt co code so this is a must have feature for us