Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Exception-ImportX-'Unspcified error'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam working in MDM 5.5 MDIS. Exception in Port- ImportX

On working with MDIS. I get the the following error and the file is in ImportX.

Port status: has exception

The message in the file present in ImportX is as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <ImportExceptionLog>

- <ImportException>

<Details type="Import" code="0xffffffff" cell="">Unspecified error</Details>

- <RecordData id="Contracts_Synchronization">

</RecordData>

</ImportException>

The message in the log file is as below:

<Failure ts="2011/09/16 14:41:15.126 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106927" operation="Import" import-action="Update (All Mapped Fields)" row="1">One or more qualifier values are invalid.<LF/>Failed to modify record</Failure>

<Failure ts="2011/09/16 14:41:15.126 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106928" operation="Import" import-action="Update (All Mapped Fields)" row="2">One or more qualifier values are invalid.<LF/>Failed to modify record</Failure>

<Timer ts="2011/09/16 14:41:15.127 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106929" name="Import Records - Stage 4 - exception generation" total="0.001299">1</Timer>

<Error ts="2011/09/16 14:41:15.140 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106930">Import Failed!</Error>

<Timer ts="2011/09/16 14:41:15.147 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106931" name="Import Chunk" total="49.576954"/>

<Trace ts="2011/09/16 14:41:17.028 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106935">[MDS=tsdux13 Repos=SRM_MDM_CATALOG ClientSystem=SRMMDM Port=TP1_Contract]: xImporter: Thread ordered to stop: RC = 0xfffffffa</Trace>

<Trace ts="2011/09/16 14:41:17.030 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106937">[MDS=tsdux13 Repos=SRM_MDM_CATALOG ClientSystem=SRMMDM Port=TP1_Contract]: xImporter: Thread finished;

CAn any one throw light on this issue and how to reslove this one.

But, updation of records is working fine . On creating a new Contract price(compound filed value) values throws such exception.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I would suggest do the following:

1.Check if the record giving is not write protected.

2.Check if it is not checkedout by some other user,and most importantly

3.Increase the chunk size.

Let me know your finidngs.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu/Ravi;

@Shambhu: I have done the same opened IM using port option and In Import Status it says Map 'Contract price' field values.

Here contract Price is a COmpund field (4 dispaly fields&NO qualifier)

The problem is in this field only. when there is an already existing compound filed value it maps and MDIS works properly and gets updated. When there is a new value in this compound field (Contract price) it throws exception of such type and on opening IM using port, in Import status we see MAp 'Contract price' field VAlues.

But, On opening IM using port and selecting the ADD button in VAlue mapping the values gets added and Ready to Import , Even after SAve Update this is not happeing in MDIS.

What is Missing!!!??

@ Ravi: Checked the records it not write proctected and cehcked out.

and checked Chunk size : Chunk size[50000], No. parallel chunks[5]

In log file:

<Trace ts="2011/09/16 14:41:17.028 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106935">[MDS=tsdux13 Repos=SRM_MDM_CATALOG ClientSystem=SRMMDM Port=TP1_Contract]: xImporter: Thread ordered to stop: RC = 0xfffffffa</Trace>

<Trace ts="2011/09/16 14:41:17.030 GMT" tid="1543" entry-no="106937">[MDS=tsdux13 Repos=SRM_MDM_CATALOG ClientSystem=SRMMDM Port=TP1_Contract]: xImporter: Thread finished; Start -&gt; End: 3150.000000000 seconds.</Trace>

<Trace ts="2011/09/16 14:41:17.633 GMT" tid="1800" entry-no="106940">[SRM_MDM_CATALOG]Import Task Finished. Chunk size[50000], No. parallel chunks[5]</Trace>

Any more suggestion/findings on this how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

Please try for a higher value of chunk size,this should help you.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAvi,

I contacted SAP for thier help. When they run with the same source file it works well in thier system with no issues but throwing exceptions on creating a new value in Compound field which isnot maintained in MDM in our system,.

Any valuable suggetion what could be verified between us to make it done.

thanks and regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If it is working in their system then optimizing MDIS.ini parameters should help resolve the issue.

As I said previously increasing chunk size to a higher value can really help in here.

Can you please detail "but throwing exceptions on creating a new value in Compound field which isnot maintained in MDM in our system"

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I checked with SAP the chunk size is same with which they are able to runb succesfully in thier system with my map and our source file.

and regarding the Exception on new value in compound field means:

4Non-Qualfiers fields forms the compound field. If there is any new value in this any 4 fields and on combination of compound field it needs to ADD in destination(MDM) in Value mapping tab right , but here it throws an error as unspecified error and in log file it shows 'One or more qualifier values are invalid' .

I unmapped the YES Qualifier fields and mapped only the NO Qualifer and formed the Compound field and ran a test, but too the same error.

Please experts guide.

Thanks

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the below standard steps to fix the exception and update your observations -

How Do You "Fix" Exceptions? - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/120367f94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Use

Exceptions must be fixed manually in the Import Manager before the offending file or record can be imported.

Procedure

1. Open the Import Manager and connect to the MDM repository containing the port where the exception was found.

2. When the Connect to Source dialog appears, choose the source type Port and select the appropriate remote system from the drop-down list.

3. In the Port drop-down list, select PortName where PortName is the name of the port containing the exception.

The Import Manager loads the first exception file waiting on the port. If it is a structural exception, the original import file opens. If it is a value or import exception, the virtual extended record containing the exception opens.

4. Fix the exception according to the Action Items section of the Import Status tab and save the corrected map.

5. To fix any other exceptions waiting on the port, choose File ® Get Next Source File from the main menu (for more information, see Getting the Next Source Data File).