cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM consuming lot of memory....Memory Leak issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having our SAP MDM installed on the Windows server 2003. Before 3 months the servers got migrated from one data center to another new data center. Now we are facing an issue with the virtual memory.

The nonpage memory of the kernel is increasing very rapidly after 5 days of run. When it reaches a thresold, the application is not getting any resources and stop running. The windows scheduled batch jobs also stop.

Each time we encounter such issue, we need to reboot the server and recreate all the jobs.This lasts for atleast 5 days then a reboot follows.

We have seen during the issue, the MDSS.exe and MDS.exe were found to have consumed a lot of virtual memory.

Are there any solution to such issue.

Best Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is an oracle bug 5077897 which maybe causing the issue.

This particular problem is fixed with either 10.2.0.2 patch 11 or higher

or 10.2.0.3.

Check note 871735 Current patch set for Oracle 10.2.0

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Apologize for late reply as i was not well.

For your information, we have, SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Sep 20 04:17:30 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

The application server and the DB server are in two different servers.

The problem is, for some reason, in the application server the Paged memory utlization starts to increase rapidly untill the Windows server runs out of memory. This causes the MDM Syndication Server to stop running and the Repositories also get into a diffirent status (yellow with exclamation mark). And after sometime when we try to start MDM Console, we get a message saying "Insufficient system resources to complete this operation....".

NOTE: One peculiar thing i did noticed before few days, in my machine i found the MDM repositories in the Invalid status. But when i went to some other machine and logged in using a Admin id to my surprise i found both the MDM repositories in Loaded State and 5 mins it went again to Invalid Status.

Everytime we have to reboot/restart the Server itself to overcome this issue. But then it reoccurs after a couple of days.

When we checked the Windows Event Viewer, we could see the below errors and warnings:

Windows saved user mx4adm (Admin Id)registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This admin id mx4adm is a global id.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( MDM Syndication Server 5.5 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Has anybody experienced this kind of problem with MDM 5.5 (SP4) that has automated syndication activity done by a Batch Job(.bat script)?

This is really strange because the MDM Server and MDM Syndication Server Logs does not give any clue as the issue is not related to SAP MDM.

BR

SK