cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Mode as Default for portfolio items in 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been working with PPM for almost 8 years but cannot figure out a few things.

One is how to have the users enter an item in display mode by default. In PS or Project Management (cProjects) there is a user setting but I cannot find anything for portfolio items.

My users go into an item and then have to remember to go to read-only before editing roles and usually forget. This was not a problem in 4.5 if I remember correctly.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We overcame this by opening project roles or tasks in the same window (instead of default new window). Not sure if this approach would be feasible for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds great. How did you manage that?

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done in launchpad configuration - tcode LPD_CUST, role RPM_RIH, instance OIF.

Open this launchpad in edit mode, navigate to the roles and/or tasks button (application), click "show advanced properties" and for the field "navigation mode" select value INPLACE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Lashan,

I tried for 1/2 hour to find the right role to adapt the navigation from the project back to the item and just found out that it is not necessary. By changing the role rpm_rih it also affects the jump from the project back to the item.

Many thanks,

Paul Sheehan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In 4.5, in Item details there is a button 'User Settings' just next to Save button. Users can specify their default Processing Mode by using that.

Same thing might be there in 5.0 also.

Regards,

Anuradha