cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while creating customer master i am getting the Communication error

Former Member

Hi experts,

while creating customer master i am getting the Communication error with the external tax system (VERTEX_MS0018) please tellme how to solve this issue

Regards,

Anil prasad

Edited by: prasadanil on Sep 16, 2011 12:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

hI Prasad,

It seems you are maintaining the address data for a country with jurisdiction code. Different external control systems can behave in different ways.

1. You entered a jurisdiction code that matches the postal code but not the city (possibly due to a typo).

a) Behavior when you use Taxware: There is no message and data can be saved.

b) Behavior when you use Vertex: Due to the incorrect city, no comparison jurisdiction code can be determined and message TAX_TXJCD861 is issued with a text from the vertex system that may be unintelligible.

2. You do not enter a jurisdiction code, but you do enter a postal code and a city that does not match the code (possibly due to a typo).

a) For Taxware: If the jurisdiction code could not be explicitly determined, a selection dialog box containing the relevant tax jurisdiction codes for the postal code appears. You select one. This and the corresponding city are transferred.

b) For Vertex: The TAX_TXJCD861 message is issued (behavior as in 1b). Other terms TAX_TXJCD861, TAX_TXJCD101, TAX_TXJCD107.

For resolving this issue, you can check SAP Note 677850 - Address data: Check/new determination jurisdiction code.

Hope you will resolve the above issue with these inputs.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

I am assuming that you are trying to set up a vendor with address outside of US or Canada. Vertex is used only US/Canada jurisdiction codes.

Please also check Note 650893.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Edited by: Y N Raghavendra on Sep 16, 2011 4:39 PM