Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCN for SUP workflows 2.0

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I went through the DCN approach for SUP workflows 2.0. We are currently deploying SUP 2.0 workflow applications to one of our customers.

(1) I wanted to know that when I make use of DCN for workflow container, in the JSON string, the "TO" will be supAdmin and from will be the targetted user.

My question is: Will the targetted user be the "SCC registered" user or the "Sync" user. If I can go with the assumption that it is the "SCC" registered user, how will the backend (SAP in our case) know about the SCC registered users.

(2) As we are also deploying Single Sign on, the LDAP is integrated with SAP for this purpose. We are thinking to use LDAP user name for both SCC registered user and Sync user . Therefore, even if we write DCN, it can pick the LDAP user name ( as this will be same as SCC and Sync user) and send it to SUP as DCN.

Let me know your opinion.

Regards,

Viju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"To" is not the registered user in SCC in the device registration page in SCC. "To" corresponds to the SUPUser that is logged into the workflow usign the credentials page. So they correspond to the username that is authenticated against SUP. That is why for DCN to work, workflow should have been activated on the device before DCN is sent and the backend user is authenticated using the credentials screen.

(1) I wanted to know that when I make use of DCN for workflow container, in the JSON string, the "TO" will be supAdmin and from will be the targetted user.

My question is: Will the targetted user be the "SCC registered" user or the "Sync" user. If I can go with the assumption that it is the "SCC" registered user, how will the backend (SAP in our case) know about the SCC registered users.

This works to have device username and SUPuser both same but as mentioned previously sup username given in the credential screen is the one validated against LDAP. So when you send DCN you can send with that name.

(2) As we are also deploying Single Sign on, the LDAP is integrated with SAP for this purpose. We are thinking to use LDAP user name for both SCC registered user and Sync user . Therefore, even if we write DCN, it can pick the LDAP user name ( as this will be same as SCC and Sync user) and send it to SUP as DCN.

Let me know your opinion.

Regards,

Viju

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Himagiri,

Thanks for your response. I have one more question to ask.

In the workflow editor, I see 2 starting points. After going through your explanation, I need your clarification on this.

(a) Activate - I understand that this is required to activate the workflow user so that this gets registered in SUP. And DCN can use the credentials mentioned in "Activate" to send the notifications ( server-driven).

(b) Credential Request - We have this one more starting point. Ideally, before the user logs to the workflow application, we use this screen for the user to login his credentials. This is mapped against SUP for authentication.

I am bit confused with the above starting points. In our case, we have both client driven and server driven. Therefore, to utilize both of these features, when user logs in for the first time,

(1) He/She would have to activate with his credentials ( which will be used as reference for server driven)

(2) He/She will again use his credentials to login ( which will be used for authentication purpose).

Kindly let me know whether my above understanding is correct. We really appreciate your inputs here.

Regards,

Viju

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Activate starting point can supply the credentials, but it is by no means necessary. Registering the device user with SUP is done when you fill out the Sybase Setting screen. You could, for example, just bring up a welcome screen when the workflow application is first activated or you could choose not to have an activation screen at all.

If you have defined a credential request starting point, then that screen will be brought up when SUP determines that you need to supply authentication. Thiis could happen because the client doesn't have the credentials yet, or it could happen because the authentication failed on the server side and it needs to send a notification to the client to get new credentials.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Now I got the flow.

Regards,

Viju

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

One question. Can you let know when would the "activation starting point" be relevant ? I am unable to appreciate the usage of activation starting point?

Can you help to understand with any example?

Regards,

Viju

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vijayendravs

Can you help me to solve my questions in my thread about DCN?

[;

How do I make SUP to send a notification to the mobile device, triggering this from the backend?

Answers (0)