cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Originals renamed with prefix 'S'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

We have a problem while viewing the originals of a DIR in Adobe Acrobat. The file name is prefixed with an 'S' while opening with Adobe Eg: S126789856_01_001.pdf. This might be because of the new SAP GUI?

Please Advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this problem is caused by an error with the temp dir where the name is cut off on 70 chars.

To solve this, you can set a temp dir in DC20 (for Default) or you can ask OSS for Note 1568632.

Hil

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

generally I think that this is not due to the SAPGUI. Normally the local created filename is generated like <userID>01.pdf or with using the origin filename when the flag 'You cannot rename ...' is set in transaction DC30.

So I think that maybe a BADI implementation could be the reason why always a 'S' is added to the filename. Could you please check if you have active BADI implementations of DOCUMENT_FILES01 or DOCUMENT_STORAGE01.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

I checked the BADI, and there is just one active implementation IF_EX_DOCUMENT_FILES01~BEFORE_START_APPL. This method does not contain anything relavant to the file name. Please provide me with further inputs.

Thanks for your time!!

Regards,

Vishnu Priya.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

generally I think that this is not due to the SAPGUI. Normally the local created filename is generated like <userID>01.pdf or with using the origin filename when the flag 'You cannot rename ...' is set in transaction DC30.

So I think that maybe a BADI implementation could be the reason why always a 'S' is added to the filename. Could you please check if you have active BADI implementations of DOCUMENT_FILES01 or DOCUMENT_STORAGE01.

Best regards,

Christoph