cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of Aggreagates in DP ,pl let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

please let me know what is the benifits/suituiation of aggreation of CVCS and its example ,if we take the below example,

I think we can configure aggregates by clicking on the MPOS right,eg below

Aggreates

Product

MPOS

Product

Ship to country

Sales area

sold to party

ship to party

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Bacially fixed aggregates will help to improve the performance of reading time series data from liveCache if you only read on the aggregates, but on the contrast, it will slow down the performance when you update time series data in liveCache, since extra time series are needed to be updated.

I think note 503363 will be very helpful here.

Regarding your example, since you have aggreagtes on Product and Location, if you only load Product in your planning book, the system will read the time series for the aggreagte on Product, instead of read all time series for this product and add them all. So the performance will be better. But if you input data for the Product and save, system will update all time series for this product, as well as the tiem series for the fixes aggreagte.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My Concern/Question is what is the Benifits by using the Aggregates in DP,Please let me asap

Regards

kkk

rico_frenzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Ada already wrote, data is being hold a 2nd time on an aggregated level. This measn when data is loaded on the level of aggregates (products in your example), the data access is faster than reading from the POS.

Example: You sell your product to 1000 customers. When you load the data without aggregate for one product, there are 1000 CVC's to be read and data needs to be aggregated.

When you have an aggregate on Product, only one CVC (the one from the aggregate) needs to be read. But when you save this data it needs to be saved twice (once in the aggregate and once in the POS itself).

So you should take care that the ratio of CVC's is sufficently high. 1:10 is based on our experience the lower limit when aggregates make sense (Means: For one product there should be 10 CVC's - customers, planners or what ever...)

Best regards

Rico Frenzel

Edited by: Rico Frenzel on Sep 19, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers (0)