cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change table-name in persistent.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've successful deployed a Entity EJB on "SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP4 NetWeaver Developer Sneak Preview"

After changing the Table Name in persistent.xml and re-deploying the new EAR, the Entity EJB still writes to the old table.

How can I get SAP Web AS to accept the new persistent.xml/persistent-ejb-map/entity-beans/entity-bean/table-name entry ?

I've already tried:

1) Re-deploy EAR and re-boot the server

2) Delete all old copies of EAR directories and temporary files, reboot and re-deploy.

Note: Expanding new EAR confirms that persistent.xml/table-name has been updated on the SAP Web AS. However, EJB still writes to the old table.

Alton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually ...

After deleting EAR files+directories and re-booting, the EAR files and directories re-appear.

How can I completely undeploy a EAR application on NetWeaver Web AS 6.40 SP4 Sneak Preview ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Web AS 6.40 the application data is stored in the database, therefore it is restored even if you delete the folders in the file system.

To undeploy the application, you can use the Deploy Service runtime in Visual Administrator. Start the Visual Administrator using the <i>go</i> script file in <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\admin. Then expand the <i>Services</i> tree under the server node, and choose <i>Deploy</i>. On the right-hand side of the screen switch to <i>Application</i> view, select your application, and choose <i>Remove</i>.

Zornitsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zornitsa,

Removing the application using Visual Administrator works.

My new persistent.xml table-name has now taken affect.

Thank you,

Alton