cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standard Table deleted accidentally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a very serious problem right now.

SAP standard table MBEW is deleted, so many standard transactions are short-dump.

Unluckily, somebody has created the the table. So SE14 only logs the table creation, NOT the deletion.

I have checked in the database alert, during the short-dump there is no error ORA-942 which usually occur when a query ran into an inexistant table. No ORA anything in the log. So I assume that the table is deleted in SAP Level.

My question is:

1. Is there any way to trace back regarding database-objects maintained in SE14?

2. Is there any way to recover the content of the table without restoring the whole database? though I'm pessimistic with this.

3. At least, can we get information when the table is deleted? this will help me performing Point-in-Time-Recovery.

More information:

SM20 audit log is not activated for the system

Quick responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by: Shadowdancer on Sep 16, 2011 9:44 AM

Edited by: Shadowdancer on Sep 16, 2011 10:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First try to find out the table at database level (select table_name from dba_tables where table_name like '%MBEW%';)

If its there, then it might be some other issue, Access the same from database whether you are able to find the entries.

If its not there, then yes it got deleted from database (here so many questions will raise, how an user deleted the table, how user authorized to delete etc).

On deletion of tables I think there is a table which logs the deletions and alters, try to search on google/SDN.

*I suggest to log a very high priority call with SAP

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I have ensured that the table in oracle level is intact. No deletion.

Also someone has re-created the database.

Table logging for DD02L (SAP Table wich contain table status) is off. Also table logging for MBEW is also off.

I have created High message to SAP, but still no answer.

In 30 minutes I will create Very-High message if it still no answer.

Thanks