cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Problem in IDOC to EDI FLAT File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario IDOC to EDI FLAT File. For this I have used ABAP mapping.

The problem i am facing is that the EDI FILE contains the segment name as E1EDK01 for eg. while I need the name as per the latest segment definiton released. I have also tried this using File port and it gives the required segment names in file. But we dont have to use File ports. Please suggest me if something is missing in PI Abap stack ?? Why I am not getting the segments name as per latest segment definition mainatined in R3.

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anudeep,

I am not using any FM for converting IDOC to IDOC XML. When IDOC is triggered from R3 system it enters the PI as IDOC XML. I am then using ABAP Mapping to convert this IDOC XML to Flat file. The Input to Abap mapping mapping is XML with segment type not segment definition. In IDX2 i have seen all the iDOCs contain segment type not segment definition. So you know any FM which can be used in Abap mapping to covert the segment type to segment definition.

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

The transfer of IDOC XML to FlatFile using ABAP mapping does differs with the releases. and these does not use Segment definition.

Please check

" http://tleterme.developpez.com/bw/how/HowToIDocXMLToFlat.pdf "

Thanks,

Anudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried reimporting the structure and metadata but it didn't work. In IDX2 I have checked the segment definition details and there the latest release is maintained but I am not getting it in IDOC XML. Do you have any Idea about any function module which gives the segment definition for the segment type.

Thanks,

Neha

Edited by: NehaSinghal on Sep 19, 2011 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

Can you specify which ABAP module you are using to convert the IDOC to IDOC XML? is it a standard function? if not try to check the code.

Thanks,

Anudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the IDoc in R3 system using WE02.. What is the structure populated there.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please check the segment name in sxmb_moni. Is this showing new value or the old value?

If SXMB_MONI shows old value then the source SAP (R/3) system which is sending the idoc may not have released the segment after changing the name. You need to ensure that the idoc segment has been released properly. Then re-import the iodc into PI server again. Finally delete entry of the iodc structure in idx2 transaction, no need to re-import the idoc structute again in idx2, since once you run the scenario the metadata automatically gets imported.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha

Re-import the idoc structure in PI (Imported Objects). Also clear the old meta-data from IDX2 transaction.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

-> "per the latest segment definiton released"

When ever their is a change in the IDOC structre in R/3, just check once again in the ESR and refresh the IDOC structure. And also check the Metadata in IDX2.

Thanks,

Anudeep