SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Plan Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I use FMCYCOPI_CO transaction to copy plan data from CO to BCS. This registers are generated with ENTR operation. However when I want to delete plan data (FMCYRESET transaction) this program only delete registers with PREP operation.

Is there some way to delete them this ENTR registers?

Note: I have SAP ECC 6.0 Support Package SAPKB70013

Thanks in advance.

José Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hola Jose Luis,

there are some options:

Report RFFMKU_DEL_DATA, please check the technical documentation of this report

Or, you can run FMCYCOPI_CO if you just need to reset and overwrite (provided that there is something to reset and overwrite):

1.- add data: budget data from the source is added to the existing

budget data in the target version (or created if no value exists).

2.- add new data only: budget data is only copied to appropriate budget

addresses that have no data before the copy.

3.- reset and overwrite: the system resets the budget data in the target

version to 0 and then copies the budget data from the source version.

in this case new values must be entered in the source version and the

system will reset all to 0 and copy the new values.

does this help you?

cheers

Mar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hola Jose Luis,

there are some options:

Report RFFMKU_DEL_DATA, please check the technical documentation of this report

Or, you can run FMCYCOPI_CO if you just need to reset and overwrite (provided that there is something to reset and overwrite):

1.- add data: budget data from the source is added to the existing

budget data in the target version (or created if no value exists).

2.- add new data only: budget data is only copied to appropriate budget

addresses that have no data before the copy.

3.- reset and overwrite: the system resets the budget data in the target

version to 0 and then copies the budget data from the source version.

in this case new values must be entered in the source version and the

system will reset all to 0 and copy the new values.

does this help you?

cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

hope you read this old thread.

I have the same problem as Jose Luis. I checked report RFFMKU_DEL_DATA as per your suggestion but unfortunately it does not allow selecting what to delete restricted by FM dimensions. In our scenario we only need to reset data for certain FM account assignment combinations.

We can't use FMCYCOPI_CO either  since we are changing derivation rules (for certain combinations only).

Let's assume, for instance, our Cost Element CE1 copies plan data on Commitment Item CI1.

So, currently, CE1 amount matches CI1 amount.

Due to FM derivation change, CE1 amount needs to be copied to CI2. At the same time I don;t want any longer to see the old plan data on CI1.

Given the above scenario, I cannot use RFFMKU_DEL_DATA as it would not allow me to delete CI1 amounts only. I can't use FMCYCOPI_CO either as it would not reset the old amount on CI1, due to the different derivation.

Do you have any ideas of how to manage this?

Do you think is possible to create a Z version of FMCYRESET where the process that is reset is ENTR (that is used from FMCYCOPI_CO) rather than PREP?

Thank you.

Ciao!

Max

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need for a 'z' program. You can first generate budget data from FMCYCOPI_CO in version A. Then run FMCYPREP to generate plan data (process PREP) from version A to version B. Wipe out the data in version A and run FMCYRESET in version B. After you are satisfied with the plan data in version B, run FMCYLOAD to generate budget (process ENTR) from version B to version 0 or a desired target version.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

thank you for your reply.

The suggestion you gave is actually similar to the one we thought of as contingency plan.

Our idea is to copy in version B only what we need to keep, then wipe version A with RFFMKU_DEL_DATA and finally copy back version B on version A

Regarding your other message, unfortunately we can't use the reversal since in a single document we may have items to be deleted and items to be not.

Since we need to do this during the cutover period and we have millions of records, I'd prefer avoiding adding new time-consuming activities to workaround technical limitations,

In my view, the reset plan data tool should allow resetting also plan data generated from CO.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ciao!

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMCYCOPI_CO creates budget entries with document numbers and a family document number. You can always use FMDOCREV to reverse a budget document or the entire document family.

Regards,

Ming