cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to print header and item properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have header and item table in adobe form.

Header got following field material and operation.

Item got sub operation and sub material.

I need to print each operation and sub operation in new page. if sub operation overflow I need to repeat header in next page as well.

I have header and item in a loop. but this is not working for me.

this is very urgent any help is greatly apprciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subodh,

You can do this in two ways.

Don't design the header in master page. Place your header, item table and footer (if any) all in design view only. Repeat the item subform with your header as overflow leader both in normal pagination and in conditional break. Make good use of content areas.

The other way is you need to fix the header (design in master page). Now maintain the header details i.e(material and operation in item table also). Now using scripting populate the values of header using the values present in the item table. Second way is ok, if your header don't have many fields.

Please let me know, if you see any issues.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

I did create header and item in body page. I created sub form for header and data. Header as flow and data position content.

I created another sub form item with item header and item data flow with repeat subform for each.

But it is printing all my header as 10,20,30 and then all the sub items. Header is only showing in first page.

Can you please tell me what steps I am doing wrong.

thanks

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you used the overflow leader concept in conditional break and normal pagination?

Also please check whether you maintained proper nesting in the interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

I used header and item two table in interface. In adobe form I created a loop and give where condition based on header material and operation number.

I have body page as flow content and allow page break within content click.

inside bodypage I have header as flow content and allow page break click and binding to header table.

inside header I have data as position content and allow page break content click.

I have subitem subform as flow content and allow page break.

my output show first three header item

I am not sure how to do overflow leader concept in conditional break and normal pagination?

I define overflowheader in item subform.

30 and then

I see all sub items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can send u e-mail with screen shot. let me know.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subodh,

Repeat the header subform with item subform wrapped insde the header subform.

As you wanted every opearation values in new page you need conditional breaks. Please check this link.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Break/Index.htm

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

I yes I saw that link. I am using that link quite often for any help. But under the example it say click edit under Pagination. In my ver I don;t see the Pagination tab. I see subform and binding options. so I cannot perform any of those steps and I don;t know what to do.

under binding I see following overflow leader and overflow trailer.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version are you using? There will be some other provision for using conditional breaks. Conditional breaks is a must as it is required for your requirement.

If it is not there please upgrade your version as most of the links provided will be of advanced versions only.

Other than conditional breaks. is your header items repeating??

Wrap Itemsubform in header subform and repeat both.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

I am not able to page break still. I saw another form in that form developer using following logic and it is working for him. But when I use the same logic not working for me. so I have Item subform under tableeheader

-

data.bodypage.Tableparent.Item::initialize - (JavaScript, client) -

this.name.break.afterTarget = "pageArea";

-

data.bodypage.Tableparent.Item::validate - (JavaScript, client) -

if(this.PAGE_BREAK.rawValue == "NA") {

this.parent.break.target = "pageArea";

}

-

data.bodypage.Tableparent.Item::ready:form - (JavaScript, client) -

if(this.PAGE_BREAK.rawValue == "NA") {

}

-

data.bodypage.Tableparent.Item::ready:layout - (JavaScript, client) -

if(this.PAGE_BREAK.rawValue = "NA") {

}

I do pass page_break value 'NA'. but not working.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subodh,

I could see lot of mistakes in the code. in some places. instead "==", "=" is used. and some syntaxes are wrong. could you please correct those syntaxes and check and for page breaks, if you upgrade your software, it will be so easy for you.

Also please check the events of the form also.

Note: Scripting is case sensitivie.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did fix the issue you mentioned but still no luck. We install the new ver but that created issue with some of the existing form. So we are not using it as per client.