cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time fence in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it possible to achieve the following requirement in SNP. Is there any strategy which achieves this. I am aware the time fences are possible in ECC and PP/DS.

Ability to enable utilization of either booked customer orders or forecast within the time fence.

1. During frozen period only customer orders are used in the total gross requirements statement and not forecasts.

2. Beyond the frozen period , the greater of either the booked customer orders or demand forecast will be used in the total gross requirements statement.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you considered SNP horizon and Forecast horizon settings ?

It should be possible for you to fulfill the requirements, although the second may require additional thought process if the customer demands and forecasts co-exit.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply.

If you could elaborate your answer a little bit it would help resolve my confusion about SNP horizon.

I am basically new to SNP implementation.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

For your requirement 1

You can use the setting of forecast horizon on the product master snp 2 tab. Basically you need to mention a

period for which you dont want to consider the 'forecast" in the total demand calculation

For your requiremnt 2.

You can achive this by the stratgey 20 i.e consumption of the forecast by sales order.

Basically set the forecsat horizon in your req 1 equal to your Frozen horizon .

Hope this helps.

Regards

Deven

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try to paly around with macro "stock balance".

The total demand is calculated in the macro.

Best Regards,

Ada