cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMP "Rule <XXX> is being used by version <XXX>" on trying to delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been playing with tailoring GRC 10 Access Control MSMP workflows and BRF+ based rules to meet our business requirements.

I have activated many versions of the default workflow with different changes. Now when I am trying to remove a BRF+ rule from the workflow i get an error saying it is being used by a previous version. Is there a way to get past this error?

Thanks,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Even i am facing the same issue.. Is there any way to delete or diactivate the older version ??

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a different take on this problem.

1. Check if you are getting any warning while you activate current version.

2. Remove all references for the BRF + rule in descending stage order.

If none works activate your BC Sets again.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I probably should of updated this earlier. Prasad is correct. I found that I could not remove the rule from the workflow but I could disassociate it by doing the following.

1) remove any line items in the "Maint Route Mapping" for the Rule

2) make sure the rule is not implemented in any stages in your paths under "Maintain Paths"

make sure to check under both "display task settings" for the stage as well as stage details

3) remove the rule from the "Maintain Rules" screen.

This got it for me.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian Anderson,

If it solved your problem appreciate if you can post some points.

Cheers,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

I followed your points 1 and 2 and deleted the unwanted settings, but when i go to "maintain rules" and try to delete the

"Rule Result Value" it gives error >>>>>>>> Rule result Z_xyz is being used in version 000003

So when i try to delete the Initiator Rule , it gives same error

Rule 001635B0E5821ED18xxxxxxxx is being used in version 000003

Is there something that i am missing to follow ??

I rechecked , and clicked "Clean Up Stage-Def" and i could see my unwanted Stage Def , and when i tried deleting it ... it gives the same message that it is used in version 3.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the same boat. I have deleted all associations through the paths and stages, tasks, agents, etc. I reactivated the BC Set and whilst it rebuilds the standard delivered data from the BC Set, it still leaves those elements that are returning this error "...is being used by version ...". I have found transaction code GRFNMW_CN_VERA, which is where you can select which version you want to make active. I can see you have the ability to delete previous versions, but am concerned this may cause issues. I don't have an environment I can test this on, so would be happy if someone is willing and can test this approach. ~Triera

Update: I have tested this, and unfortunately it still does not allow deletion of the old elements...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Have you found a resolution to your issue? If not, you may want to open a new thread since the originator has marked this as "Answered". Kind Regards, ~Triera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Triera,

Sorry for responding to this blog after quite sometime.

I found a solution to this today !!

You need to use the following transaction :

"GRFNMW_CONFIGURE"  to delete the rules if they are used in earlier versions !!

Thanks.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.